Vortex scope

Alright fellas
Just a little info need please if any one could enlighten me.
im looking at getting a Vortex scope for predominantly foxing with NV but will be doing the odd stalking trip if I decide to stick with it after my first stalking session in few of months time.
I sold my Zeiss as I need a parallax adjustable scope for NV and have been looking at the Vortex Viper 4-16x56 HS BDC model as possible replacement. I already know this model scope is ideal for NV Archer add on.
But what I want to know is ?, would it be a good scope for the proposed Deer Stalking I'll be doing in a few months time, I,e low light dusk or dawn shooting. Or is the light transmission that pants I should look at another Zeiss again or scopes of that caliber.

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Can't give any advice about the scope but if it's anything like the talon binoculars and there range finder then I wouldn't think twice about it and if it comes with their lifetime non quibble guarantee then yes ... The hd glass in these items are fantastic and I could not rate them enough .. By the way I'm not a sales rep for vortex just a very happy customer:D

i have a vortex viper pst 6-24x50

its a good scope and very accurate but I have just gone back to my s&b 8x56 for 3 reasons

1) i can't seem to lock the stupid turrets and they do move more easily than my nightforce turrets.
2) the vortex i think is lighter duty than my s&b so I'm worried about knocking it
3) its too high magnification and small field of view

hope that helps

Cheers to all who's posted. I'll take your comments on board and mull things over. I got a budget of 2k for night vision and new scope so got to be careful and buy something that does both jobs asked of it with out breaking the bank.

Gareth

I have a viper and whilst I'm pleased with it's reticle and turrets I don't think it's dusk performance is that good. At the same price my Nikon is much better although they lack turrets but DO have side parallax. However an image intensifier added on will alter things anyway. I would not buy a Vortex for stalking however. If it is woodland stalking the brightest image under canopy will be a 'quality' fixed mag because there will be fewer lense elements. In the sort of price bracket we're talking the good old Hungarian Schmidt takes some beating but for the parallax. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi, I have recently brought a viper 6.5-20x50 and tested it against a zeiss duralyt. The vortex was very impressive. I have a few other vortex items and have infact dropped my binoculars on a slate floor and broke the lens. Vortex replaced the binos within 3 days with no question. I have not found any issues with my turrets as of yet but on the chance I do I will just return the scope. The scope is very good and extraordinary value for money but for me the even bigger selling point is the warranty

I have 4 Vortex scopes 1 Crossfire, 2 Diamondbacks and a 6.5-20x50 Viper. All good gear and work well above their price tag.

Back