Your favourite fleece jacket

Renico

Whats the best fleece jacket you have or have owned for hunting and outdoor activties? Im thinking as an outer layer on milder days.

Just for inspiration as im currently looking for one.

Swazi for me.
Their bush shirts and hooded bush shirts are goos.
Exchange rate very good, customs charge minimal if at all. Normally less than 2 wk turn around from NZ.

Jon

I have had a couple of Wynnster ones with the Aquastop layer. Waterproof and breathable. Great for the odd shower. Perfect for walking the dog. Warm for high seat sitting, on colder days I wear it under a camouflage Jacket.

I have a Keela which is also wind / waterproof and breathable, but at the time could only get that in black so no good on its own for stalking. Great for walking and general travelling, it has a hood which rolls up either into the collar or into a pouch in the bottom rear hem.

Me to for Swazi , I've changed all my gear to Swazi , thar jacket, micro tops , fleece, 4wd fleece trouser that are the dogs, not cheap but there ain't much out there to top Swazi imo

Another Swazi fan, got the hooded shirt and a camouflage fleece, also got the Tahr smock! Brilliant kit!

Whats the best fleece jacket you have or have owned for hunting and outdoor activties? Im thinking as an outer layer on milder days.

Just for inspiration as im currently looking for one.

Swedteam Borgvik, waterproof (enough) and warm. excellent piece of kit for what you are describing.
Had mine 3 years now and it gets a lot of wear (beating, stalking etc). I've been on a bit of a mission over the past year with clothing (I don't like big bulky jackets, not a fan of camo and I don't like spending a fortune on clothing) so as my old stuff has worn out I've replaced it with army surplus (non camo) but so far Ive not found anything that beats the Borgvik.
works for me.

Swazi Nahanni for me, very versatile with the added bonus that it fits well under both the Tahr XP Smock and Wapiti Jacket of the same sizing so you dont need to buy larger if wanting to layer up.

Keep an eye out for deals, the recent 20% off offer meant I could import the Wapiti jacket for £230 (Grand total was £260 including import duty and parcelfarce "handling fee" of £9) when they are in the UK for around the £380 mark. Took about 12 days from order to delivery

Swazi for me too.
Iv have two and they are 8 years old ! Still as windproof as the day I bought them.

Going to need another fleece as my old Regatta one is well passed it's best now. So thank you all for the suggestions.

I had a very favourite thick snugly fleece from Keela. It was several years old but well loved. It was hanging over the boom of the boat one evening in Eyemouth harbour - drying out after a some boisterous sail. A sudden gust of wind blew it overboard. By the time I got the boat hook to retrieve to resident seals had got hold of it and were playing games with it and then disappeared with it for it never to be seen again!

Paramo Taiga fleece, I've got three going back from recently bought to nearly 20 years old and the oldest one is still functional although missing a few press studs. I'm about to send it back for these to be replaced. Fantastic materials and very good design.

Aigle or Patagonia for me

+1 have two Patagonia 'better sweater' fleeces which are warm, very well made and unbelievably hard wearing. I wore these everyday for over a year at work (river keeper/ghillie) and another year later, they are still nearly good as new.

I bought a Swazi camo 'doughroaster' recently for stalking and it is really excellent - well made, durable, cosy and I would buy another without question.

I also have a schoffel gilet which is superb but just silly money (got a good discount on mine!) and the two mentioned above are far better value with equal performance.

Back