Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good result for common sense from West Mercia

Good result for common sense from West Mercia

I wrote to my FLD recently asking for three amendments to my conditions: The addition of target shooting to all rifles, the removal of caliber specific moderators to allow one moderator for two rifles, and for my ticket to be "opened".
    New FAC arrived today without quibble, which actually surprised me given that I've only had it just over a year. A good common sense result, I think!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

you did well there Simon ,only a year in and everything granted ,you have a good FLD make sure its chocolate hobnobs at renewal time
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

well done Simon and West Mercia, shame other area cant match that

That a bit of a surprise, Warwickshire FD is now part West Mercia, last year when I got my FAC back from variation request my 22r and mod was missing off the FAC and blaser bolt!
    Kind Regards
    Cranhill

I have left out the part of the story where they previously had my FAC for 7 weeks and when I contacted them to ask about progress I received it back, unaltered, the following day with a moody letter. No explanation as to why they had taken 7 weeks to do literally nothing.
    But a minor re-wording of my request got the result I wanted and took about 2 weeks so maybe it depends whose particular desk the letter lands on...
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I think you have hit the nail on the head about whos desk it lands on

My shooting buddies FAC expires in two weeks, so far he has not heard anything and has not been able to get through to them, he was previously with Warks now West Mercia, he sent in his paper work in the beginning of december so its not as if he was late.
    However my mate pointed out to me a new section on West Mercia police website quoting FAC/SGC application and renewal timescales, renewal timescale for a FAC is stated as 111 days and thats working days, a quick bit of maths tells you that this is nearly 23 weeks or 5 1/2 months!! so my mate can expect his FAC back at the earliest mid May early June!!!

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    My shooting buddies FAC expires in two weeks, so far he has not heard anything and has not been able to get through to them, he was previously with Warks now West Mercia, he sent in his paper work in the beginning of december so its not as if he was late.
    However my mate pointed out to me a new section on West Mercia police website quoting FAC/SGC application and renewal timescales, renewal timescale for a FAC is stated as 111 days and thats working days, a quick bit of maths tells you that this is nearly 23 weeks or 5 1/2 months!! so my mate can expect his FAC back at the earliest mid May early June!!!

Ian.
    Letter of complaint to Chief Constable demanding additional resource for the FD, copied to your mate's MP and Police Commissioner and a letter/email to the Department requesting a Section 7 Permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    Letter of complaint to Chief Constable demanding additional resource for the FD, copied to your mate's MP and Police Commissioner and a letter/email to the Department requesting a Section 7 Permit.
    Your having a laugh Bandit, my mate moans like f*** but wont rock the boat, he has already arranged to lodge his guns and expanding ammo with a RFD should the need arise.

TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Your having a laugh Bandit, my mate moans like f*** but wont rock the boat, he has already arranged to lodge his guns and expanding ammo with a RFD should the need arise.

TB.
    I've found West Mercia will usually issue a section 7 temporary certificate without any trouble, as long as the delay is their fault and not due to the holder's late renewal. You do have to ask for it though but it's better than lodging guns with an RFD.