Thread: Fantastic Roe stalking in Caithness

Fantastic Roe stalking in Caithness

I visited Caithness last week and had two excellent morning stalks for does with 'levigsp' (trade member on this site). He is very knowledgeable about his resident roe population and anticipates their every move. This is the most Northerly stalking available in the UK and extends up to Dunnet Head. The terrain is relatively flat and the roe were seen not only in the fields and farmland but even on the open moor. He has a large, detached hunting lodge available for rent - I didn't stay there but had a guided tour and it is superb inside and perfect for a large group or family. In addition to the Roe stalking he told me he has some red and sika available and also goose shooting.

I had a very relaxed and informative two mornings with him and I would thoroughly recommend a trip north to experience this unusual landscape. The drive is worth every minute.

BTG

Thank you Graeme, I am glad you enjoyed it and it was a pleasure taking you out.

Dunnet head ,, wow memories !! I had a weeks rabbiting up there with a guy who had move his family up from the Midlands and was renting plummers old Croft, I had a fantastic time up there same as you as it's a magical part of the country
    One of the things I remember is that his kids pedalled along the Croft track to the main road at the end where they left the bikes unlocked laying on the verge all day till the bus dropped them off after school for them to ride back superb oh yeah and he never had to turn the key in the door either!
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Last edited by jimmy milnes; 20-02-2016 at 20:25.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

The Rabbits have long since gone, but the safe living hasn't changed.

Hope yon huge pile of sheep's skulls have long gone? Plummer fed his terrier pack on sheeps heads and it was something to see!

B.