Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a tractor - sorry need some help.

Choosing a tractor - sorry need some help.

New house (hopefully) - land to manage.
    I have a Fergie but need a new tractor for all the other works and have settled on 2.
    John Deere 5055E and Branson 5022C. The Branson is cheaper but the JD has a remarkable resale value =reputation.
    The Branson has a remarkable bucket - 4 in 1. I've cruised the net for reviews and they are variable but aesthetically I prefer the John Deere. Who buys on aesthetics?
    Any advice without rude comments by those who know?
    P.S. the land I am buying may have deer so be kind !

JD without any question, you could have it for 5 years and it will still be worth what you paid. We had a look at Branson and the siromer tractors last time we were buying. Settled on a large kubota in the end.

2nd that, JD all day long
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Plus, albeit misspelt, there's deer in the name, got to be a good omen!!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Your cost of ownership will be fair less with the JD as someone will always want that tractor after you finish with it, whether that is you selling it privately or trading it against your next one, plus I suspect the dealership support from your JD dealer will far surpass the Branton, I could be wrong but if there anything like the dealership that look after us they'll take some beating.

Wink

I am a big JD fan as you might guess and they are great tractors and hold there money well

But I have to mention that I did in my younger days do all my farm work with a Zetor did all my own big bailing and a quite a bit of work on surrounding farms with it as well.

Sold it after 9 years of reliable service for 2k more than I paid for it

Have a nice 6125R with loader and low hours for sale if you’re interested ?
    Last edited by johndeere; 20-02-2016 at 20:39.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeere View Post
    I am a big JD fan as you might guess and they are great tractors and hold there money well

But I have to mention that I did in my younger days do all my farm work with a Zetor did all my own big bailing and a quite a bit of work on surrounding farms with it as well.

Sold it after 9 years of reliable service for 2k more than I paid for it
    sounds like he should buy a Zetor!

I'd say it will depend on age, price and condition.

Obviuosly the JD is a better brand/tractor but if its been abused and other is in great nick.
    Depnding on the age and money ur paying (i'm persuming older tractors?) u will always sell a tractor, to be honest doubt u'll lose much with either, JD will be dearer/older but should be worth more resale, but u'll prob just lose the same on the other make to

I'm sort of in similar position and looking for a 4wd loading tractor but wanting it as basic as possible a straight cyclinder engine with minimal electrics so can either bodge fixes myself or local agri engineers/mechanics can fix it without the cost of plugging it into a computer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il-john-deere-antique-tract.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	66857

Any good to you Countryboy?
    I've run it for years and never had as much as a puncture

Was going to ask if u had been snooping in my shed, but no 1 would believe i had anything so clean and tidy.

Have u not seen my wind up dumper?
    Great wee tool no elecrics to break and if anyone tried to steal it could follow the trial of engine oil. Old fashioned tracker