Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal welfare

Animal welfare

As stalkers we all have animal welfare high on our agenda, well I have just been told Denmark has banned all Halal slaughter as animal welfare comes before religion. what a bold stance , well done , if its true.

I've got a few mates that work in a slaughterhouse doing lamb.

Everythiung is halal and speaking to them say their is no difference other than somone mumbles some words to them 1st.
    But theres is a decent slaughterhouse with good staff doing everything by book and produceing high end carcass's (only buy the best of lamb).
    It may be different elsewhere but they same there is nothing in humane when done correctly.

Is there not another type of slaughter worse? Possibly kosher?

Other than the religious aspect I thought only difference between Halal & standard uk spec. Is we stun it first before bleeding out ?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rutland View Post
    As stalkers we all have animal welfare high on our agenda, well I have just been told Denmark has banned all Halal slaughter as animal welfare comes before religion. what a bold stance , well done , if its true.
    Do you head shoot deer first to "stun" them before chest shooting to bleed them out?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Do you head shoot deer first to "stun" them before chest shooting to bleed them out?

I've gone right off the idea of religious slaughter of deer. It doesn't work. I've been praying every time I go stalking, and I haven't shot one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    I've gone right off the idea of religious slaughter of deer. It doesn't work. I've been praying every time I go stalking, and I haven't shot one yet.

Thank goodness for that, I thought it was only me God was ignoring

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post

Try packing a prayer mat?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Try packing a prayer mat?
    That's an idea - maybe I'll give it a go. Or I could just stop trying to face mecca all the time?

My father used to work in a small slaughter house where they had the appropriate religious persons approach then to carry out hala slaughter. Initially they werent happy that the stock was being stunned prior to bleeding, after a bit of a chat about the fact that the stunning doesnt actually kill the animal but the bleeding does made them perfectly happy with their standard killing methods with just the addition of someone "praying" at the time of killing.

Same here know a slaughterhouse where everything is Halal, the guys working there say there is know difference apart from the prayer.