Poll

The EU in or out

• Total voters

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
OK following the already existing thread re staying or leaving the EU, thought I would poll your interest

1, IN

2, OUT

John

Last edited:
mmm :doh: 3 rounds '' is '' 31 bullets :cuckoo:
out OUT ..... OUT !!!

Fail --- 3 rounds is 31 BULLETS (Youtube) ... How can we trust these EU Crackpots

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is what John meant when he started this thread, perhaps there is means to conduct a 'Poll' with running totals and boxes to tick. OOOPS! just found it's been added.

Out, it is time that all those feckless, siesta loving Europeans learnt to provide for themselves instead of sponging off the British taxpayer

Out.

I wish all of our continental cousins well and on occasion enjoy the cultural difference but they are not elected here so should not be able to dictate our law and border controls in any way?

The fact that no EU accounts have been verified by audit for 20 years tells it all?

Of equal concern is the quality and veracity of our home grown politico's which seems to have diminished over the years in direct proportion to the years of EU membership?

It started off well as a trading situation but is now far beyond remit?

As usual, more questions than answers? :old:

People working in financial services will probably vote to stay IN, for fear of a lot of the City of London work moving to Frankfurt, and the spin-off/ripple affecting them personally.

People working in financial services will probably vote to stay IN, for fear of a lot of the City of London work moving to Frankfurt, and the spin-off/ripple affecting them personally.
Or a lot of Frankfurt work might move to the City of London, especially if free of European bureaucracy

out home rule, funny we at one time fort to keep the way of life we had now we suck the dregs out of the EU tits?

out im sure there are a lot of unseen benifits of being in but i seen on the news the other morning its costing us £55 million a day to be in ok i expect theres a lot of hype and spin on that £55 million a day but even if its only half £27.5 million a day buys a lot of new schools, hospitals keeps a lot of people off the streets and helps a lot of kids out who are living in poverty or are in situations that they have no power over

How about the option undecided or don't know?

Reason being the vast majority of the us do not know the full implications of leaving, and I include myself in this. For instance yes it may cost us £55 million a day, but what do we receive in subsidies etc?

The implications for business when trading with Europe? Just think any purchases Internet or otherwise will attract VAT as the cross our borders.

Also, an out result will give the SNP the perfect opportunity to call yet another referendum on the question of Scottish Independence, and I say this as a Scot!

Regards,

HL

Last edited:
out im sure there are a lot of unseen benifits of being in but

I really wouldn't bet on that SLA. If there really were 'lots of benefits' the pro-EU camp would be shouting them long and loud. All we hear are lots of dire warnings about how bad it might be if we leave... Apparently we're much safer in the EU, although I suspect that the good folk of Paris don't feel too safe at the moment and my Polish relatives aren't looking to the EU to keep them safe from the Russians - that's down to NATO. Economically? The numbers simply don't stack up in favour of staying in. It costs us all, every single day that we remain. What little money we do get from EU largesse is hedged about with massive bureaucracy - I'm still waiting for the final audit of an EU funded scheme that ended 8 months ago, with me sending off two larges boxes (12 x A4 box files)of paperwork. Given that the EU's own budget hasn't been signed off in how many years? The irony really is beyond parody. As for the wider financial implications - the balance of trade is significantly from Europe in to the UK. Erecting major barriers to the UK market would damage the EU far more than us. I find it interesting that our withdrawal from the EU is always described in terms of 'Little Englanders' and 'pulling up drawbridges' when we've been a Continental player for centuries - long before the EEC or the EU came into existence.

Isn't it rather odd that all the other EU leaders are (allegedly) extremely keen that the UK stays in the organisation, but they haven't made any significant offers to keep us?

I'm out.

Or a lot of Frankfurt work might move to the City of London, especially if free of European bureaucracy
Now this is getting interesting as I like others don't know enough to make a solid sound vote so please could I ask for folk to not just post IN or OUT could they give reason for there decision so hopefully I can make mine
Regards
Jimmy

Back