Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: wanted - commemorative oak tree

  1. #1

    wanted - commemorative oak tree

    Help please guys,
    I'm 50 this year and the other half has been badgering me as to what I want for a present. Now I'm like a lot of folk in that if I want something I just bugger off and get it ''within reason'' so I have been at a loss and telling her I don't need owts not an option apparently
    So I've decided I want a commemorative tree planting in a woodland somewhere in England, I've done a bit of a Google but although admittedly I've not done much in this department yet things seem to mostly be overseas so if anyone knows of anything please let me know
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Help please guys,
    I'm 50 this year and the other half has been badgering me as to what I want for a present. Now I'm like a lot of folk in that if I want something I just bugger off and get it ''within reason'' so I have been at a loss and telling her I don't need owts not an option apparently
    So I've decided I want a commemorative tree planting in a woodland somewhere in England, I've done a bit of a Google but although admittedly I've not done much in this department yet things seem to mostly be overseas so if anyone knows of anything please let me know
    Regards

    Jimmy
    Interesting but how would you make it personal ? Would you intend to visit it or do these things include photos of progress ? Be good to know what might be possible. We planted one for mother in law and, although the land belongs to someone else now we occasionally drive past and see how its doing.

  3. #3
    If you have been in the military, perhaps something could be planted at the Nation Arboretum. Wherever it goes, make sure there is a deer fence and nurse trees around it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Interesting but how would you make it personal ? Would you intend to visit it or do these things include photos of progress ? Be good to know what might be possible. We planted one for mother in law and, although the land belongs to someone else now we occasionally drive past and see how its doing.
    No idea how it would work kes maybe a plaque or something be even better if I was allowed to have my ashes under it when I stick my spoon in the wall.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  5. #5
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Help please guys,
    I'm 50 this year and the other half has been badgering me as to what I want for a present. Now I'm like a lot of folk in that if I want something I just bugger off and get it ''within reason'' so I have been at a loss and telling her I don't need owts not an option apparently
    So I've decided I want a commemorative tree planting in a woodland somewhere in England, I've done a bit of a Google but although admittedly I've not done much in this department yet things seem to mostly be overseas so if anyone knows of anything please let me know
    Regards
    Jimmy

    OK mate, I've sorted it - I stuck in an extra oak sapling for you today and had a solemn commemorative ceremony on your behalf, along the lines of 'There's that effing tree that Jimmy wanted, the boring arse, let's hope a Muntjac doesn't eat it, now let's get in out of this bloody rain'.

    Now you can stop worrying about your tree and get the unsuitable tattoo, genital piercing, a 'my-favourite-ladyboy' wipe-clean sticker book and the Ducati Panigale 1199 that you were too embarrassed to tell the cake-angel that you really wanted for your birthday...

    You don't have to thank me

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    O


    OK mate, I've sorted it - I stuck in an extra oak sapling for you today and had a solemn commemorative ceremony on your behalf, along the lines of 'There's that effing tree that Jimmy wanted, the boring arse, let's hope a Muntjac doesn't eat it, now let's get in out of this bloody rain'.

    Now you can stop worrying about your tree and get the unsuitable tattoo, genital piercing, a 'my-favourite-ladyboy' wipe-clean sticker book and the Ducati Panigale 1199 that you were too embarrassed to tell the cake-angel that you really wanted for your birthday...

    You don't have to thank me
    Good to have you back on song you shandy drinking southerner now when we going to have a ride norf of the line ?
    Regards to ya
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  7. #7
    The Woodland Trust have a number of sites up your way: Find a wood | Explore woods | The Woodland Trust Maybe get in touch with them and see if you can buy them a tree or two?

    Alternatively give me a PM as I help operate a funded charity in Herefordshire that supports community tree planting. We can easily take a donation that would get a tree planted.

    Another option is do a bit of guerrilla tree planting. I know of at least one bloke who collects oak saplings and bungs them into the ground in hedges, woods etc on his daily perambulations.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    The Woodland Trust have a number of sites up your way: Find a wood | Explore woods | The Woodland Trust Maybe get in touch with them and see if you can buy them a tree or two?

    Alternatively give me a PM as I help operate a funded charity in Herefordshire that supports community tree planting. We can easily take a donation that would get a tree planted.

    Another option is do a bit of guerrilla tree planting. I know of at least one bloke who collects oak saplings and bungs them into the ground in hedges, woods etc on his daily perambulations.
    Very much appreciated
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  9. #9
    Contact your local parks dept, at hants we often planted trees in memorial of people, and living people, I am sure they would be willing to help, expect to pay around 300.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    O


    OK mate, I've sorted it - I stuck in an extra oak sapling for you today and had a solemn commemorative ceremony on your behalf, along the lines of 'There's that effing tree that Jimmy wanted, the boring arse, let's hope a Muntjac doesn't eat it, now let's get in out of this bloody rain'.

    Now you can stop worrying about your tree and get the unsuitable tattoo, genital piercing, a 'my-favourite-ladyboy' wipe-clean sticker book and the Ducati Panigale 1199 that you were too embarrassed to tell the cake-angel that you really wanted for your birthday...

    You don't have to thank me
    That's pure class that is! (and I'm a biker too)

    ATB Lee

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-12-2015, 22:43
  2. Irish bog oak
    By bijssg in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-03-2014, 21:34
  3. Oak leaf
    By Roebuck270 in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-07-2013, 18:03
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 23:45
  5. For Sale Military commemorative knife +case
    By bangabunny in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 13:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •