Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eu (again, sorry) but this petition makes sense..

Eu (again, sorry) but this petition makes sense..

Only British Citizens should be allowed to vote in the referendum? Petition here

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/109868

I've signed.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Why?

Are you saying that my wife shouldn't be allowed to vote on this? She is Dutch, but is likely to live here for the rest of her life, pays British taxes and has a British child? Explain to me why she shouldn't be allowed to vote on an issue that will affect her as much as it will affect you or me?

And my wife, mother, brother-in-law, and at least five people sitting within earshot of me at work...

Of course, I suspect that the real answer will be 'because they're more likely to vote to stay'.

In which case, you should also start a petition to exclude people went to university or who are under the age of 55 (both categories where support for remaining is generally very high).

I voted to go into the EU last time and I am going to vote out this time because I have seen the mess it has made of this country.
    By the way i am 63
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

If able to vote in a UK general election then yes they should be able to vote in or out but if not then no they shouldn't have a say
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Last edited by jimmy milnes; 22-02-2016 at 15:51.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    If able to vote in a UK general election then yes they should be able to vote in or out but if not then no they shouldn't have a say
    Regards
    Jimmy
    So no Germans, French, Dutch etc, but Nigerians, Kenyans, Indians, Pakistanis, Fijians etc are ok? Makes perfect sense...

The Scottish referendum explored this issue in exhausting detail, and in the end came up with the only logically defensible and workable option: everyone legally resident in the country at the time of the referendum.

If you want the argument to REALLY get heated, how about working out what to do with all the Brits currently living abroad (especially those currently living in Europe...)?

Well if there allow to vote Mr Cameron to government yes in my opinion but if not then sorry as this obviously is personal to you but yes.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!