Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: selling a swarovski scope and binnys - what price?

selling a swarovski scope and binnys - what price?

I am considering selling my swarovski SLC 8x42 HD binoculars and my swarovski PV Habacht 6 x 24 x 50 scope with the tactical turrets. Both are optically perfect but have been used for a year in the field. The binnys have a nice bushnell harness, bag and fancy swarovski eye piece flip over cover but have one rubber end cover missing , the scope the bikini covers. It is still on a rifle so i expect there will be ring marks. I will stick photos on when i am ready to sell them, but for valuation purposes they look A1 in my opinion.

I upgraded to the RF binnys and intended to keep these, they really are excellent, but since i get the new ones i have not taken them out of the cupboard. I have ordered a new scope, so this will be rifleless in a week or so. Though i like the idea of keeping them it is just not sensible and someone will get a really good deal to get them started or upgrade.

I will be selling them here / ebay / facebook but really have no idea where to start on prices, so am looking for some advice. I expect some chancers will offer 10 or so, (you will just have wasted 10 seconds of your life) but expect them to be worth 500+ each? What i am really looking for is some sensible ideas of what they are worth and what i can realistically expect to get for them, your wise council would be appreciated!

I have a fedex account so would just use this to send them.

cheers

Dave

I had a look on ebay and there is nothing similar for me to base a price on. I bought this one and a non tactical turret identical scope probably 2 years ago and honestly dont remember the price i paid for the pair of them. It has a thin cross retical with an even thinner inner cross, if that makes sense. It has been a good scope to me, its sister sits on my 3006 and will be staying there, this one is on my 243 and will be being upgraded to a Z6 BT

I've had a few Swarovski habicht pv now, bought and sold 4 and still have one. They go for between 600 and 700 generally.

Cheers Sle, that is the first valuation i have had, so thanks for this. I plan to take it off the rifle tomorrow and will get it up for sale. What about the binnys, i would expect they would be worth more?
    cheers

D2

Have a look at R Macleod and son , they list a lot of that sort of used optics

Good call, just had a look at the Binos, and they have them for over 1000!!! I was not expecting that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sle View Post
    I've had a few Swarovski habicht pv now, bought and sold 4 and still have one. They go for between 600 and 700 generally.
    I would agree with this, maybe 700-800 if boxed and perfect condition especially the target turret models. I had one of these and they are very good and sadly now live in the shadow of the excellent 'Z' scopes.

The SLC range of binos obviously make less than EL's and I have seen them go for 500 but I doubt they were the later HD models.

It would be nice to sell them on here for a fair, fixed price but, realistically, if you want the best return they need to go on eblag with a reserve of probably 600 on the binos and 700 on the scope? Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdave View Post
    Good call, just had a look at the Binos, and they have them for over 1000!!! I was not expecting that for sure.
    That's not going to happen, I would have thought that you could get the 8.5x42 EL's for that.

Recently sold a swarovski habicht , one of the older models for 800 euro if thats any help..