What's the best .243 rifle

danban

Hi I'm possibly after another .243 for nv use. What would you guys get? Budget of around £700. New or s/h.
Regards Dan

Don't have any experience, but reports of the new Bergara's are very positive. I'd have one of those if buying a new rifle.

There's also a beautiful second hand Tikka 595 on here for a very good price.

Last edited:
Nice condition husqvarna 1900 all day long....
tbh most rifles shoot pretty well, and people will tell you their own preference.

my husky was £200 with a scope and it's an absolute tack driver with nice styling, a long way finer to handle than anything British of that era (eg PH BSA etc.)

Yep my P.H .243 is awesome and only cost £200 quid and far better than that foreign muck:rofl:

Ah yes a Parker Hale much better than that foreign muck!

A Mauser action (either ex-mil German or commercial Spanish) or in the case of the midland a U.S. bolt in a brummie receiver.
The stock - mass produced in Italy.
The sights - a product from the U.S.A.
The trigger - Not sure on that one but I think it's a copy of a U.S. made trigger system.
The barrel - finally something made in the U.K.

Put it all together and we have a good old British (English) rifle. :stir: :evil:

Like 99% of all british goods ,used to open "british" Draper tools from their chinese packing ,still its mine all mine and i like it:thumb:

big fan of tikka 595, but what ever floats yer boat, as long as your happy with what ever you choose it's your choice in the end, everyone on here will give your their view on what you should buy, if you can try as many before you buy.

Last edited:
Like 99% of all british goods ,used to open "british" Draper tools from their chinese packing ,still its mine all mine and i like it:thumb:

let you into a secret, my Husky 1900 6.5 x 55 is made in Italy by Zoli, but says Husqvarna Sweden. my .243 Husky however is 100% scandi.

Back