Thread: Lee anniversary kit and collet dies

Lee anniversary kit and collet dies

Starting to get into reloadibg and as my number of centre fires increase I am thinking of switching from the lee load calls to a press. Having just bought a .308 and vortex scope my funds are limited. Any experience with this kit/ lee presses and collet dies is appreciated. Brass will be either unfired or fire formed to gun it is used in so think I only need to neck size.
    Many input much apreciated
    thanks

Lee breech lock challenger press kit and collet dies are what you need. This one has the Lee auto prime rather than the press priming system that (I think) you get with the anniversary kit.

I use only the Lee collet sizing dies - even with once fired brass I've bought.

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    I use only the Lee collet sizing dies - even with once fired brass I've bought.
    If you do this, be sure to check the diameter of the tapered case body to be sure they are small enough to enter the breech properly as well as measuring the head space dimension & case length.
    You can easily get a case jammed in the breech if the body is too big - I mean really jammed! --- Don't ask me to explain how I know LOL!
    None of the common gauges measure this & it is an easy trap to fall into.
    I now check all mine when I trim on my Wilson rig. Big diameter cases don't go into the tapered bore of the adapter bushings as far as correctly sized ones.

Ian

If you can get the Lee Delux set that also includes a sizing die for when the shoulder need bumping back. This die set has the collect die, full length sizing die and the seating die.