Swarovski Z5

a6313839

Some advise please. I'm in the market for a Swarovski Z5 5-25 BT. I will mainly use this for daytime/dusk shooting where it will be very good but there will be occasions where I use this in the lamp for foxing. My question is if anyone has one - how have they found it in the lamp please? They have very fine reticules and no illuminated reticule and I was wondering if the crosshairs are easily visible.

Many thanks, Sam

Posts like this always confuse me. I can't imagine what reticule you would not be able to see when the target is lit up by a million or so candlepower lamp.
I have several Z5s and have no complaints about them, used with a lamp or in the daylight.

Thanks for the answer. The reason I asked is that the scope is £1400 and if its not suitable for this purpose then I will be gutted. Its always best to get first hand experience from an actual user rather than the manufacturer! The Plex is the finest reticule they do so thats where the concern stems from. Cheers

I don't shoot with a z5 but I do have the fine plex reticule on the z6 on my 204 I use this for foxing and its mainly under the lamp and I've never had a problem seeing the ret

Shouldn't be a problem with a good lamp but fine reticles with no illumination do suffer at very last light. It can be frustrating when you can still see through the scope but the reticle is indistinct when placed on the deer.

Back