Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police deliberately run over dog

Police deliberately run over dog

I'm struggling to get my head round this one. Wondering what the risk assessment covered. Are they going to extend this new approach to the criminal fraternity?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-35650395
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Their only option was to run it over? If it had been a 600 kilo cow, I imagine they'd have pretty damn quickly found some better options...
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Their only option was to run it over? If it had been a 600 kilo cow, I imagine they'd have pretty damn quickly found some better options...
    If it had been a rhinoceros or a human they would have found other options too but it wasn't was it? Therefore I don't get your point?

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    If it had been a rhinoceros or a human they would have found other options too but it wasn't was it? Therefore I don't get your point?
    My point is that running over a dog on purpose is pretty distasteful, many would say cruel, and it was certainly NOT the only option or my in opinion the correct one.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Dead dog or dead people your choice, I know mine.

North Wales Police said firearms officers were sent to the scene, but there was concern they would not be able to get a safe shot.
    Now there is a supprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    A 600kg cow won't be moving as fast as a 25kg dog. It also stands 5'-6' tall as opposed to 2'-3'. Try shooting a running dog as opposed to a running cow! I think they'd have weighed up most options immediately available, and figured that running it over was the best way to stop it causing a pile up. If it was my dog, I think I'd probably agreed - as upsetting as it would be.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

The police dealt with at they seen fit,

lets not speculate,

they did the job they are paid to do, job done

ie uphold public safety

simples

kjf

the police have been practicing this technique on pedestrian's for years.

It was a foxhound, no mention of calling the local hunts to see if they were missing a hound!