Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: big sika

big sika

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stag.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	66997
    trail cam dec 2015, have seen him in the flesh once in the last year, elusive old so and so! I know what a big Roe buck looks like same with munties and fallow, but have no experience with sika, what do you think of him?

sorry about quality its a freeze frame from a video

That`s a fair old lump of Sika!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Can't see tines on his left antler but assuming 4 I'd say he is medal quality
    Sh1kar

Yup he's 8 points and the stockman saw him in a field a while back and reckons he's fatter than his dexter steers

Looks like a really good animal in his prime. I hope no one shoots him for a few years!

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Looks like a really good animal in his prime. I hope no one shoots him for a few years!
    I won't shoot him for now, I think my colleague would take him given the chance, but he evaded our predecessors on this ground for a few years, so he has a good chance, clever old boy is rarely seen!

Quote Originally Posted by lw woodlands View Post
    I won't shoot him for now, I think my colleague would take him given the chance, but he evaded our predecessors on this ground for a few years, so he has a good chance, clever old boy is rarely seen!
    You don't get old without getting wise!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    You don't get old without getting wise!
    Are you talking about the sika? I just thought if you were talking about the members of this Site there might be some disagreement
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Looks like a fairly mature stag, however I would be very surprised if he is medal class, although you always have to be careful with photos my impression is he lacks tine length and although it could be the angle that his left antler is of lesser quality than his right which would also affect the score. having said that nothing beats the look of a mature sika stag.

Hi,

Its a nice Sika for sure but at present It lacks enough mass to be a medal class animal. For a relativity young animal it is showing great potential.

Regards,
    Glendine.