Wanted: Pestforce

dearhunter

Hi all just wondering if any of you have or know anybody with a pestforce franchise and if so what info you can give on the same, thanks in advance.

Hi
Don't know about pestforce other than they've been around for a while and also I think do a couple of other franchise now.
Try asking if the area your buying has been worked before or if it's virgin ground and if worked before try to speak to the old operative for some feedback
I would like to give some advice regarding pest control as a profession in that most will find its a long way from the job they think it is.
I did it professionally when I came back from working in NZ to find the building trade still on its arse and was told in the interview how glad they were to have someone with fac and wildlife management skills...... 18months later I was fed up of checking bait points day in and day out and people who wouldn't commit to your recommendations to help with there problem
Hope this helps in some way
Jimmy

Have to agree with Jimmy its nothing like it was,all laptops,pdas and trackers on vans,I have at least 6 bosses and I have only met one yet.
Franchise people tell me some do really well and love it,some wished they had never under took such a path.
Tod.

Why not start up on your own?

No bosses, no trackers but a hell of a lot of time initially at a computer sorting and writing a website, google adwords account etc. Then a lot more time at a computer when everybody else has clocked off invoicing and accounts etc

Youll need to have your level 2 and crb check to join a franchise anyway, add to that a CSCS if you want to work on building sites and ipaf for working at heights.

Why make someone else rich ?

yes that is also something i am considering sniper and i may well go down that route, confidence is a problem though. i note from you are in it are you keeping busy.

A man who I know in our village took on a Pestforce franchise and is now operating on his own, more than happy to forward his number so you could get the npros and cons from the horse's mouth as it were.

Most of the independent operators in this area use unmarked vans for discretion unlike the marked up Pestforce vehicles.

I understand the original Pestforce franchise organisation has been sold on at least a couple of times to other bigger businesses.

Summon up the confidence to go independent is my advice. Good luck with whatever you do. Chris.

I had a look at Pestforce after being made redundant a couple of years ago. However I decedent I would set up myself and am loving it!
It hasn't been and isn't easy (for me at least) but very rewarding and I'm not tied to a post code or two!!

If you want PM me your number, I would be happy to have a chat.

Last edited:
Hi; Very best of Luck, just started a new business myself and although its not "Pest control" related, it is related to something I sincerely enjoy doing. Guess to echo some of the above, the initial hard graft so to speak is to get the thing off the ground, the initial expense with the typical red tape, raw materials, book-keeping, website, getting your services and wares in the shop window so to speak. I wont lie at times I'm sure like others I questioned was it worth it. However I'm now earning a small but modest income, I'm still working hard to make it a success but enjoying much more working in the business as opposed to on it. If you do decide to take the plunge, the very best of luck my friend !

yes that is also something i am considering sniper and i may well go down that route, confidence is a problem though. i note from you are in it are you keeping busy.

A good friend gave me encouragement and support who had already himself established a fantastic pest control business from scratch.

I think some of the best advice you can get is what not to do as much as guidance on what works as usually mistakes cost money.

I've been self employed previously but have to say my pest control journey has been the best thing I've ever done. My brother continues to run the electrical business..

Go for it, if you work hard and are prepared initially to do double the hours for half the reward there's no reason why you won't make it..

And my experience of self employment in mobile welding provision, was very good, I could pick & choose what I did & when I did it (within reason), & if I didn't like the look of a job, I would price it well & if I got it, I would farm it out,agreed, not close to the trade you will be doing, but take that leap of faith, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks Chris, yes your correct about it being sold on and I will take you up on the offer of forwarding his contact please
Paul

Yes I think your right Finn big leap though but it's great to hear from all you lads out there with your support, it's really appreciated

Not your sector, but I became self employed 9 years ago, I was forced to move into self employment when I sat in a meeting with the director I reported to and called him a f*****g w*****, when I ran out of patience with him after 6 months of incompetence, I effectively became unemployable, my wife was fantastically supportive and still is, we had a 2 year old and a baby of 16 weeks, she agreed to me remortgaging the house and releasing some cash to help start the business. I still think the guy is a tosser, and he always will be, but if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have ever had the balls to do it, it's the best thing that could have happened to me, for the first 3 years I did 12 hours a day for 6 days a week, minimum, as we became more established I was able to reduce my days but maintain my income, I still work long hours but have a lot more flexibility, I never miss a school event, stalk/shoot at least once a week, and am able to give my family choice.

Go for it would be my advice, it's long hours, hard work, but you will never achieve what you are capable of or earn what you want working for someone else.

Back