Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cubs yet ??

cubs yet ??

Anyone seen signs of cubs yet ? I've seen nothing yet but can't be far off what with the mild winter and the early calling that was going on I just wondered if my fox rig needs wrapping up for a couple of months
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Last edited by jimmy milnes; 26-02-2016 at 15:21.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

I've not seen any cubs yet, but having said that I've seen very few dominant vixens around lately, so I'd imagine that most of them have got litters below ground already. I did shoot a pregnant vixen last night though - I'd say that she was probably a week off giving birth.

There's some very loud yelping and barking happening in the evenings at the back of my suburban garden. It's quite unsettling sometimes.

Possibly in the South,won't expect cubs up here for another six weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    I've not seen any cubs yet, but having said that I've seen very few dominant vixens around lately, so I'd imagine that most of them have got litters below ground already. I did shoot a pregnant vixen last night though - I'd say that she was probably a week off giving birth.
    Cheers paddy
    Yeah I wouldn't expect to see cubs themselves as such yet but the signs of them having been born ie... ket outside dens or someone having shot a milky vixen
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Shot a vixen on Friday still pregnant very heavy though

ive all of a sudden started to see less foxes out lamping and whislt i can acount for a few it seems quite obvious that the vixens are now bellow ground on the patches which im looking after

My garden is covered in fox poo...
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Shot 5 foxs in the last week all big dog foxs, vixens v scarce at present so could be underground.

D

Nothing here yet, very quiet on vixens showing

Three or four weeks to go yet according to my diary

atb

phil