cubs yet ??

jimmy milnes

Anyone seen signs of cubs yet ? I've seen nothing yet but can't be far off what with the mild winter and the early calling that was going on I just wondered if my fox rig needs wrapping up for a couple of months
Regards
Jimmy

Last edited:
I've not seen any cubs yet, but having said that I've seen very few dominant vixens around lately, so I'd imagine that most of them have got litters below ground already. I did shoot a pregnant vixen last night though - I'd say that she was probably a week off giving birth.

I've not seen any cubs yet, but having said that I've seen very few dominant vixens around lately, so I'd imagine that most of them have got litters below ground already. I did shoot a pregnant vixen last night though - I'd say that she was probably a week off giving birth.
Cheers paddy
Yeah I wouldn't expect to see cubs themselves as such yet but the signs of them having been born ie... ket outside dens or someone having shot a milky vixen
Regards
Jimmy

ive all of a sudden started to see less foxes out lamping and whislt i can acount for a few it seems quite obvious that the vixens are now bellow ground on the patches which im looking after

Shot 5 foxs in the last week all big dog foxs, vixens v scarce at present so could be underground.

D

I had a preganant and a barren vixen last week, as well as a good number of dogs. seen pictures on facebook of cubs which had been shot last week.

Here in Hereford me and my shoot buddy have had three young, barren, subordinate vixens in the past week. Only seen one dominant vixen just before Christmas and she won't be having any Cubs anytime soon!!

Deano

Two cubs dead in the road on the way home last night. They are out and about in Essex by the looks of things.

I was only doing about 30mph, so had a good look. To my mind they were 8 to 10 weeks old.

Iv not seem any Cubs for a good few weeks now. Seen the odd vixen but mainly dogs. Shouldn't be long now though

Snared a vixen last night and opened her up to find 5 very small cubs in her. Shot 2 vixens tonight scoffing a dead ewe, one empty and the other with 4 cubs in her. By the size of them, I'd say she'd have cubbed early April. That's the norm for up here.

DL

I shot a dog and a vixen tied on the 14th of Feb, only three weeks ago, i thought this very late.

Moose

Back