Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: westlife (Shane filan)

westlife (Shane filan)

totally not deer related but has made me think about one or two things just lately and made my mind up about some of the more important things in life .
    my niece just 23 yrs old is at home in bed with cancer and will not be recovering from this vile desease .
    she wants to be at home till her family can no longer care for her .she is a huge westlife fan and had tickets to see Shane filan of the band at our local theatre .she is too sick and weak to travel but her last wish is to meet Shane .through social media Shane heard of her wish and today made the trip to my brothers house to meet the family and Emma
    well Shane made her dream come true and all I can say is a huge thankyou what a star .
    so many young kids and teenagers succumb and never reach their full potential robbed of adulthood .
    I've heard on the SD of so many battles some won some lost ,how lucky then are we who are fit and well
    if we could all do a good deed this week end and make someone happy or smile then like Shane your a star too .don't leave the bucket list too late crack on seize the moment !
    cheers
    Norma

Norma - that must have been massive thrill for the lass.
    Awful bloody disease, my best wishes.
    Jim
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Wow. I'm so pleased that her wish came true!!!!! A very special day for the whole family and some lasting memories.
    My very best wishes to your niece and the whole family.
    Stay strong.

ATB

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    totally not deer related but has made me think about one or two things just lately and made my mind up about some of the more important things in life .
    my niece just 23 yrs old is at home in bed with cancer and will not be recovering from this vile desease .
    she wants to be at home till her family can no longer care for her .she is a huge westlife fan and had tickets to see Shane filan of the band at our local theatre .she is too sick and weak to travel but her last wish is to meet Shane .through social media Shane heard of her wish and today made the trip to my brothers house to meet the family and Emma
    well Shane made her dream come true and all I can say is a huge thankyou what a star .
    so many young kids and teenagers succumb and never reach their full potential robbed of adulthood .
    I've heard on the SD of so many battles some won some lost ,how lucky then are we who are fit and well
    if we could all do a good deed this week end and make someone happy or smile then like Shane your a star too .don't leave the bucket list too late crack on seize the moment !
    cheers
    Norma
    First, very well done to Shane Filan. Cost - not a lot - value to Emma & family, priceless.

I'm 63 but today (26th Feb) is my 13th (second) birthday because 13 years ago I had open heart surgery in Papworth Hospital to replace my aortic valve (hereditary problem) and ever since then I enjoy my life and the world to it's fullest.

It doesn't cost anything to be nice to people. Smile regularly, hug your wife & kids and as for grumpy bas*****, long ago, I would have just lumped them. Now fkem'all. Disdain is a fearsome weapon.

This ain't a practice run. Enjoy it.

Seriously good post Doug.

ATB

Iain
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Hi Doug what a touching post. So glad one of your nieces wishes has already been completed. As a father of three girls of similar age I cant imagine what your family is going though. Sending all my love and best wishes to one brave lady. ATB Gary

I wouldn't know Shane if he was in front of me but top marks to him . To the rich and famous ( and often 'normal folk' ) time is often more valuable then money . Best wishes to Emma and family.

Saw the pics mate , hope it cheered her up a bit , pass on our best wishes
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

thanks for all the good wishes guys very much appreciated Shane wasnt due till tomorrow but Emma's so poorly he flew over ear!y she can't speak but did lip sink she loved Shane, one of the good guys for sure
    cheers N

Such a sad story, my heart goes out to you and your family.

well done to Shane for making her dream come true ,lost so many family n friends to this horrible thing including dad and both grans ,but my wife has survived two bouts thank god.Keep smiling for her and best wishes to your family at this time atb Iain and Debbie
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed