Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sauer 202 Bipod solution?

Sauer 202 Bipod solution?

Although I've not yet used a bipod on my Sauer I can see there will be times when one would be extremely useful !
    Have any Sauer 202 users found a solution to the fore end mounting issues ?
    I really don't want to destroy the elegant looks and feel of the rifle but I'm still struggling with a solution !

Quote Originally Posted by Ratc View Post
    Although I've not yet used a bipod on my Sauer I can see there will be times when one would be extremely useful !
    I really don't want to destroy the elegant looks and feel of the rifle but I'm still struggling with a solution !
    Yes, I bought a synthetic stock and fitted a sling attachment to it. I couldn't bring myself to drilling though the lovely wood.

Just have to pluck up courage and get the drill out. I was super careful to position the hole correctly, and of the correct size, to ensure the stud didn't cause the wood to split. Scary stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratc View Post
    Neopod bipod has an attachment for the 202

Adapter for Sauer and other guns with push horizontal button at tip of foreend Steinert Sensing Systems

Don't bother, just use sticks for seated / standing shots and if prone then a backpack, suitable stump / hump/ grassy Knowle or even your binoculars. I have read of people a short pair of cross sticks on their belt or down the side of their wellies which act as a bipod.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills View Post
    Yes, I bought a synthetic stock and fitted a sling attachment to it. I couldn't bring myself to drilling though the lovely wood.
    Same here...I bought an extra synthetic stock and fitted a sling attachment to it

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Don't bother, just use sticks for seated / standing shots and if prone then a backpack, suitable stump / hump/ grassy Knowle or even your binoculars. I have read of people a short pair of cross sticks on their belt or down the side of their wellies which act as a bipod.

I use this method more than using a bipod. In fact, my sticks are only used for woodland and lowland stalking and use my back pack or some other feature for higher ground. Just what ever you get used to I guess.

Had the same problem myself. Had a gunsmith set the Harris adaptor into my 308 Elegance (wood stock). Works a treat and looks fine. Only problem is the legs on the bipod just touch the wood at the end of the for-end. This means that you have to put the bipod on with the legs pointing towards the trigger.
    Also got a 202 in 6.5 but with a synthetic stock. Plucked up the courage and drilled it myself. It is actually quite straight forward.

The guys I stalk with have a 202 as the estate rifle, in wood. They've added a javelin bipod, not sure whether it was sent off to be fitted but it's on there and there aren't any signs of damage to the stock- so it can be done successfully. I think Javelin also do a sling which doubles as the bipod attachment so that could reduce the holes you put in the stock.

Thanks for all your inputs - I'll take a look !