Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i have a problem !

i have a problem !

hi lads my first post so bear with me my problem is this
    i have been shooting a farm for 9 years and have been told by the farmer i have the stalking happy day 1200acres .but and theres always a but i have been told by a friend that some one is lamping roe on the lamd at night betwwen 1am and 4 am form a car .i know who it is and have made it knowen to them i aint going to stand for it .the farmer has told me to shoot every roe i see but i dont and wont go down this road i dont shoot doe,s and only shoot the odd buck .the last few years i have seen up to 60 roe on a good sunny nigh but now your lucky to see 10 how do i stop him short of going to his door

i have,nt spoken to the police cause as said before they just arent intrested (the farmers phones them several times they arrive 2-3 days later if a tall

i would like to take a good friend who has had me stalking on his ground out to mine but i dont want to take him out and not atleast give him a stalk on a buck

any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks and sorry if i went on a bit

just to add i can,t prove its him but i have spoke to alot of stalkers in the area and they have the same problem with him but again can,t prove it and its his name that comes up all the time .i have seen him at the local game dealer with a van with 9 roe in it doe,s yearlings that look like hares bucks and he has never got that many deer on the land he shoot .he shot it out years ago

Put up some anti poaching lights .

Would it be overly provocative to suggest he might be doing you a favour??!

I'm playing devil's advocate to a certain extent here, but it sounds like your ground could be overly populated with deer and if you're not going to manage the numbers then who is? You're certainly not going to live up to the farmer's expectations if you only take the odd buck. Successful deer management includes shooting does.

Quote Originally Posted by 75 View Post
    Would it be overly provocative to suggest he might be doing you a favour??!

I'm playing devil's advocate to a certain extent here, but it sounds like your ground could be overly populated with deer and if you're not going to manage the numbers then who is? You're certainly not going to live up to the farmer's expectations if you only take the odd buck. Successful deer management includes shooting does.
    i understand what your saying but the farmer is not fussy about the deer being there he only want them all shot to stop this guy so ther was no expectations at first and as for doe,s i should have made it clear when i said i dont shoot them i was intending to shoot the odd yearling once they come into season but try and keep a good healthy stock as they have not been shot for years

Quote Originally Posted by 75 View Post
    Would it be overly provocative to suggest
    he might be doing you a favour??!

So this guy has a permit to shoot deer on the lamp then?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    So this guy has a permit to shoot deer on the lamp then?
    eh no he does,nt m8 he,s just out poaching he takes about 5-9 roe to the game dealer a week roe are just cash to him and he will shot them where ever he sees them if he can

A simple cure would be to video him, maybe you could interest the local papers, with a view to embarrassing plod?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quite a few forces are keen to promote just how seriously they are taking 'wildlife crime' - if that doesn't include illegally poaching deer by lamplight, what does???

Does your force have a dedicated wildlife officer, or similar? If so, may be worth going direct to him/her rather than via 'normal' plod.....if that still doesn't work, write to someone quite senior in the HQ asking why their wildlife officer deosn't seem at all interested in investigating a complaint about wildlife crime.....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

would be a good idea but he never seems to go out on 5he same night and as it seems he is out between 1am and 4am week days are out as i work through the week and sitting out for him would not be possible