Thread: New ford ranger Roof Bars and Mountain Top

New ford ranger Roof Bars and Mountain Top

As above due to the recent sale due to upgrade of my ford ranger 3.2 limited 64 plate I have for sale
    1 set of Thule wing roof bars 110
    and one Mountain top back the chequerplate type front hinge lid with continuous carry rail two keys and all fittings ,can be fitted in about 30 mins by anyone
    with basic skills ,
    lid is this type Ford Ranger Mk5 Double Cab Alloy Chequer Plate Bed Cover Continuous Rail - Formula4

Mountain Top now sold
    Last edited by pierred; 11-03-2016 at 20:39.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I'm undecided whether to buy the new Ranger or wait until September for the updated Hylux.
    My head says hylux, but heart says Ranger.

What real world MPG are you achieving with the 3.2? And have you experienced any reliability issues?

Real world mpg my old model in manual gave me late 20s and the new model in auto is early thirties engine is still tight so can only improve, did consider hilux but after a test drive decided ranger still suited my lifestyle better.
    The new hilux has had many improvements made but in the Australian reviews off the farm the ranger in 3.2 wins hands down and more than keeps up off road.
    no reliability issues experienced and that was with 40,000 miles on clock after a years motoring did have a slight weep on a shocker though which was replaced when in for service.
    Last edited by pierred; 28-02-2016 at 23:36.
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    Real world mpg my old model in manual gave me late 20s and the new model in auto is early thirties engine is still tight so can only improve, did consider hilux but after a test drive decided ranger still suited my lifestyle better.
    The new hilux has had many improvements made but in the Australian reviews off the farm the ranger in 3.2 wins hands down and more than keeps up off road.
    Hello
    Can I ask why you changed from a manual 3.2 to an auto box of the same size engine as I would have thought that the manual would be more efficient?

Had enough of M25 and London traffic Tony the new ranger is working out more fuel efficient I suppose the manual would be even better.
    Or im just getting lazy.

Had enough of M25 and London traffic Tony the new ranger is working out more fuel efficient I suppose the manual would be even better.
    Or im just getting lazy.
    lol
    Thats good to hear, I have a 2010 ranger thunder its just turned 60,000 no trouble whatsoever, I like the shape on the new rangers they have more ground clearance than my model .

no reliability issues experienced and that was with 40,000 miles on clock after a years motoring did have a slight weep on a shocker though which was replaced when in for service.

Helpful thanks.
    It would be the auto I would be plumbing for as well