Thread: British army sleeping bag

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

British army sleeping bag

I have a British army issue sleeping bag extra long.

I kept it for a chap on this forum but we have never caught up since we last met.(he is a very busy man )

anyway its been sat under my desk in a black bin liner for a few months so if anyone wants it and lives within driving distance of my home or my work place, and would like it FOC:

let me know,

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hi Bob
    Is the 3 part bag - liner, summer, spring/autumn, winter?
    Ta
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Hi Bob Is the 3 part bag - liner, summer, spring/autumn, winter? Ta iain
    Ian, I have only seen the one you describe issued as part of the Officers Camp Kit complete with canvas wash basin and stand.
    I wasn't aware they still issued them any more and thought everybody now goes for the green 'Slug'

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Ian, I have only seen the one you describe issued as part of the Officers Camp Kit complete with canvas wash basin and stand.
    I wasn't aware they still issued them any more and thought everybody now goes for the green 'Slug'
    I was hoping for the additional "tea wallah", but they were a bit hit or miss from what I heard, so generally got dumped...!

I have the modular system, and a mate was interested in getting the same as it comes with 2 bags of different weights (that can be toggled together for when it hits "-a lot") and a liner all in a compression sack
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I've got 'the green slug' it's the best sleeping bag I've ever parked my ass in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    I've got 'the green slug' it's the best sleeping bag I've ever parked my ass in.
    Ian

sadly it was the latest issue about 5 years back, got it for a trip to the Black Forest and when I got back I was told to keep it,

just a a sleeping bag, no pack or straps. but it is very warm,

it is the mummy shaped green slug, but extra long for anyone over 6". someone has asked about it, and one other ask if I could post it but its mahoosive,

bob
    Last edited by bobjs; 29-02-2016 at 18:06.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Hi Bob,

If this is still going I know of a young lad who has just joined the Army cadets who would really appreciate this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steyr.308 View Post
    Hi Bob,

If this is still going I know of a young lad who has just joined the Army cadets who would really appreciate this.

hi bud,

its his, I tried to PM you earlier but your in box is full.

bob

Bob,

Thanks very much, I know he will be over the moon. Inbox now empty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steyr.308 View Post
    Bob,

Thanks very much, I know he will be over the moon. Inbox now empty.
    hi bud

just drop me a PM when he wants to collect it, I'm here at home this week but working at highclere every day,

thank you

bob.