Thread: Red Deer Whinfell Area, Cumbria

Red Deer Whinfell Area, Cumbria

Good Evening. Does anyone have any idea if there are any/many reds around Whinfell ? This area lies just to the West of Tebay on the M6, and just North of Kendal. Thanks in advance for any information.

'Camodog'.

There are red and roe on ashtead fell if thats any use to you,theres a couple of lads allready on there though,doug,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 29-02-2016 at 20:56.
    DONT START

Morning Doug. I'm not sure where Ashtead fell is in relation to Whinfell. I was walking up there recently and was certain I'd seen some reds disappearing over the top of Whinfell, but couldn't be sure. Thanks for the reply tho'.

'Camodog'.

Yes, there are reds there. You can stalk with guide Jonathan Standing in that area.

ATB
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by camodog View Post
    Morning Doug. I'm not sure where Ashtead fell is in relation to Whinfell. I was walking up there recently and was certain I'd seen some reds disappearing over the top of Whinfell, but couldn't be sure. Thanks for the reply tho'.

'Camodog'.
    Its across from jonathan over the road next to main drag but you,,i mean me would need an extra lung and an helicopter for the extraction,!!its vertical,
    DONT START

Wrong Whinfell - the one that is 'just to the West of Tebay on the M6, and just North of Kendal' is West of the M6 and just north of Patton and Grayrigg. Jonathan has ground just above there.

Either way there is reds both side of the M6 and JS has some ground both sides of the M6.

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    Its across from jonathan over the road next to main drag but you,,i mean me would need an extra lung and an helicopter for the extraction,!!its vertical,
    Last edited by NickJ; 02-03-2016 at 12:11.

Evening Doug and Nick. Thank-you for this confirmation. They must have been 'reds' I'd seen then! I have seen 'reds' on the Eastern side of the M6 by Tebay on my regular trips thru' there, but never on the Western side. It was one morning early last Summer, while visiting friends, that I saw them when walking up Whinfell. I think they had been lying in a hollow when I disturbed them. I just caught a glimpse of their rears disappearing over the rise.

Thanks again,

'Camodog'.