Fox Cubs....Not Around Here...

A busy 2 hours with a good bit of leg work this evening worked out well for me and not so well for the fox population.
This block backs on to a very large shoot, also the owner has lost a number of his chickens and ducks over time.
I have not been over there with the full moon and rain in the evening making it hard work...
Usual kit of a LF 170, t20 spotting torch, quad sticks and the .243...

First eye shine was a brace coming through a hedge to my call but what I would have said was the dog fox legged it, however I sat quiet and waited to see what the other fox did..

Well she went into the light breeze an kept moving back, 3/4 of a mile later I caught up with her! The ground is dry and the tram lines easy walking so I just check with the t20 and keep moving, around 150 yards, quick picture and back to the truck.
022_zpszdtrghet.jpg

Second was a belter, I got a good eye shine back but it was a bit of a slap, so I made 50 yards and stopped as the Lucerne was dry and noisy...
I wound up the Z6 and off went the round, 237 paces back to my sticks, she looked in pup.
024_zpssmwms2dg.jpg

Last brace was a right bonus as I saw a fox run across the road on my way around to the back end of this ground. Park up, squeeze through the hedge, take a moment to take the rush out of the shot and find the fox. 100 yards to my right was what I had seen cross the road...
Over he went and then I looked around further to my right were more eyes, she came like the wind to a soft squeak...4 foxes and one round left in my pocket...

084_zpsjdxhwdu5.jpg

Tim.243

Last edited:
Back