Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 Win Mag Blaser

300 Win Mag Blaser

Has anyone got an accurate hand load for a Blaser barrel 300 win mag?
    Looking to load Nosler Accubond 180 grain or Barnes TTSX 180 grain.
    Cheers

Drewster,

Try RL22 around 74 grs for the Accubond 180's

Thanks for that, have you tried this and are you making to factory length?
    Cheers

Yes...

Loaded to factory length 3.34" and longer in my rifle.

Do the usual thing.....start low...find the best groups with SAAMI COAL then play around with the COAL to suit your rifle

Start lower with the Barnes as mono-metal perform differently!

I have a few powders to try - but will start with the Reloader 22 as this usually comes out on top with other weight bullets.
    Thanks for the advice on the Barnes, I think I will stick with the Accubond.

Have you similar experience trying to achieve a very accurate round for a Blaser 30-06 barrel as I'm going to be working a load for a 165 grain Accubond?

many thanks

you could try Vhit n160 , with 75-8gns for a nosler partition 180 , with a 27inch barrel you should be a fraction over 3000fps, very nice! although anything close up could be a bit of a mess!
    with a mate we had better results (with a rem 27inch barrel) using n165, but i think we were on about 82gns of powder, and then a bottle doesn't last long. Im not 100% sure but i think by having the case a bit fuller you get a better burn so more accuracy ? or could be a longer barrel can burn more powder more efficiently, probably someone can put me straight

Blog Entries
    180 gr bullet with 69 gr of Reloader 19.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Quote Originally Posted by plumber01 View Post
    you could try Vhit n160 , with 75-8gns for a nosler partition 180 , with a 27inch barrel you should be a fraction over 3000fps, very nice! although anything close up could be a bit of a mess!
    with a mate we had better results (with a rem 27inch barrel) using n165, but i think we were on about 82gns of powder, and then a bottle doesn't last long. Im not 100% sure but i think by having the case a bit fuller you get a better burn so more accuracy ? or could be a longer barrel can burn more powder more efficiently, probably someone can put me straight

wow 27" barrel is quite long isn't it?

I shoot 180gr as my deer load now, closest I shot was about 20 yards three weeks ago
    very little damage and no more than the previous shot at 150yds

Remington Corelokt doing circa 2900-3000fps out of a 22-23" or so barrel

I tried N160 and N165 they were much the same for precision groups
    N160 marginally tighter groups but not much in it

H4831 was OK, nothing to get excited about

I switched to H1000 for heavier bullets 200 and 208gr and the groups shrank
    and I also had 1.5lb Remington factory powder sitting there that I loaded up for the 140 odd 180gr Remington Corelokt I also had, (replicating Remington factory ammo in Norma brass)
    The powder similar to H4831 in lots of ways, looks and charge levels

I don't load a Blaser but i would say try to FL size the case as little as possible
    I know you can't neck size for a Blaser without chambering issues but IMO continued "oversizing" or making the case smaller than it needs to be leads to advanced case head separation in multi fired, belted brass.

I headspace off the shoulder now, necksizing only

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    wow 27" barrel is quite long isn't it?

I shoot 180gr as my deer load now, closest I shot was about 20 yards three weeks ago
    very little damage and no more than the previous shot at 150yds

Remington Corelokt doing circa 2900-3000fps out of a 22-23" or so barrel

I tried N160 and N165 they were much the same for precision groups
    N160 marginally tighter groups but not much in it

H4831 was OK, nothing to get excited about

I switched to H1000 for heavier bullets 200 and 208gr and the groups shrank
    and I also had 1.5lb Remington factory powder sitting there that I loaded up for the 140 odd 180gr Remington Corelokt I also had, (replicating Remington factory ammo in Norma brass)
    The powder similar to H4831 in lots of ways, looks and charge levels

I don't load a Blaser but i would say try to FL size the case as little as possible
    I know you can't neck size for a Blaser without chambering issues but IMO continued "oversizing" or making the case smaller than it needs to be leads to advanced case head separation in multi fired, belted brass.

I headspace off the shoulder now, necksizing only
    I'm only neck sizing as I do with most of my calibers, would you say head spacing is critical to maintain consistency?
    I'll have to source some head space tools and

Hi Bewsher , apparently the remi is 26inch barrel not 27, not very pretty , mainly used target at long range, typically 1000yds +