Thread: Waste Disposal

Waste Disposal

I thought that heads legs and pluck could be buried as long as it was 3feet deep and 50 metres away from water course. But today farmer told me this is not the case and it must be taken away by the knackers man. Can any one confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Taystalker View Post
    I thought that heads legs and pluck could be buried as long as it was 3feet deep and 50 metres away from water course. But today farmer told me this is not the case and it must be taken away by the knackers man. Can any one confirm?
    Maybe in the case of a farmer as he would be running a business, do you shoot that many that you can't put in ur bin??

There's different rules for farmed livestock and wild animals killed in their natural environment.

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Maybe in the case of a farmer as he would be running a business, do you shoot that many that you can't put in ur bin??
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    There's different rules for farmed livestock and wild animals killed in their natural environment.
    Thats correct,farmed animals cannot be buried unless in a remote area,highlands and islands etc in line with Animal by-products regs. Wild animals are subject to different regs.

Yes
    Any material that is produced in a larder is subject to same Animal by-products regs so cant go back into the field for burial.

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Any material that is produced in a larder is subject to same Animal by-products regs so cant go back into the field for burial.
    What if I do a field gralloch?

I was told on my dsc course that as long as it wasn't for buisness then ur waste could go in domestic waste and you could field grolach.

What if I do a field gralloch?
    Thatb can be buried as its not gone into a larder.

Same regs as Fishermen I believe,they can chuck fish guts overboard on way into port but,once it arrives on dry land it is then subject to ABP regs and cant go back out to sea and dumped....