Thread: Help needed from users of Copper bullets (TSX, GMX, ETip)

Help needed from users of Copper bullets (TSX, GMX, ETip)

I am doing some research into terminal performance of various bullets and calibre's on UK deer species.

Whilst we have a lot of data on frangible and soft nose bullets we have very little on Barnes TSX, TTSX and LRX bullets and no data on GMX or ETip bullets.

If you are using any of these, no matter what the calibre, we would be very keen on persuading you to join in the research and supply us with data on the deer you shoot.

I have a very simple spreadsheet I can send you to fill in that asks all the relevant questions. It's not too daunting or time consuming, but your results would help us get a much better picture of the way different bullets driven at varying velocities perform.

And if you're reading this and not using Barnes bullets, we would still be keen on getting your data. The more the merrier.

Please send me a PM if you feel you can help.

Nigel
    So much to learn and so little time left

I have just read in this months German hunting magazine (DJZ) that all lead content bullets are to be banned from being used in the state of NRW (Cologne area) in the near future.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I have just read in this months German hunting magazine (DJZ) that all lead content bullets are to be banned from being used in the state of NRW (Cologne area) in the near future.
    Martin
    Something of similar it was try to made in some Italian regions but in one of the two regions the ban was retired after only one or two years

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    I am doing some research into terminal performance of various bullets and calibre's on UK deer species.

Whilst we have a lot of data on frangible and soft nose bullets we have very little on Barnes TSX, TTSX and LRX bullets and no data on GMX or ETip bullets.

If you are using any of these, no matter what the calibre, we would be very keen on persuading you to join in the research and supply us with data on the deer you shoot.
    Nigel
    Hello Nigel
    Out of interest who are the we referred to. I had good chat with an FC Stalker in Dorset recently and they have been using then for the past 2 / 3 seasons on Roe and Sika and they do what they need to. Might be worth seeing if the FC would share their data with you. They are sticklers for record keeping...

Quote Originally Posted by Win Mod 70 View Post
    Hello Nigel
    Out of interest who are the we referred to. I had good chat with an FC Stalker in Dorset recently and they have been using then for the past 2 / 3 seasons on Roe and Sika and they do what they need to. Might be worth seeing if the FC would share their data with you. They are sticklers for record keeping...
    Nothing sinister Win Mod, not linked to any organisation, just private interest. The "we" are a few SD members who include a professional statistician, a vet and a tailor. Just thought that with all the deer shot by the members on here we could get some solid answers to questions backed up by a bit of science rather than endless theories - if we can get enough data together to make it statistically relevant.

An interesting project.

Any idea how I get in touch with someone in the FC to persuade them to share their data? Wouldn't really know where to start.
    So much to learn and so little time left

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    The "we" are a few SD members who include a professional statistician, a vet and a tailor. .
    Excellent mix of expertise if you want to find out how many sick deer wear ill fitting suits
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.