Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solvol autosol

Solvol autosol

Has any members experience of using Solvol autosol to clean copper residue from the barrel bore.
    Have tried using the usual stuff like Hoppes but still have some copper that wont come out the grooves.

forest borefoam leave overnight,clean simples,
    DONT START

Solvol Autosol is a cross between grinding paste and smokers tooth paste both of which are very abrasive. I'm not sure I would want to use it in a barrel

be good if you wish a scatter gun at the end of the year it removes and polish's as you rub! but it also needs to be all removed ,I would't wish to leave some of it in my lands as it drys like a white crud just use a good bore copper remover its prob the same price as auto ally polish anyway

Had the same issue & tried a few; Wipe-out was the only one that worked. I actually use Hoppes now when I want to give a quick clean but not really disturb the copper & if I want rid of it I reach for the Wipe-out.

Quote Originally Posted by B&W FOX View Post
    Solvol Autosol is a cross between grinding paste and smokers tooth paste both of which are very abrasive. I'm not sure I would want to use it in a barrel
    I used Solvol a lot when I was restoring motor bikes and it is certainly abrasive, like B&W F I wouldn't use it in a barrel.

Solve is good for hand lapping stuff but I really wouldn't use it as a cleaning compound

Had bore tech eliminator recommended to me and having used it now won't be using anything else as I fine it's amazing stuff and no ammonia so good for stainless barrels
    As stated above solvol is asking for trouble as too abrasive to use as a cleaner
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Last edited by jimmy milnes; 02-03-2016 at 20:02.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Robla solo mil is the best I've ever found for removing copper kg1 works great for carbon