Trained gun dog free to good home!!!!

jimbo123p

Would you be tempted. Thing is it won't be local. It is a scam that will get round to postint the thread title. it was picked up on NESSR from the following.

Hi, A lady in my office has been "given the opportunity" to rescue a Maltese puppy form Orkney.

She has several emails from the dogs current owner who claims he has to move home and needs to rehome the dog quickly. The dog is free but she has to arrange shipping and he is insisting she uses a pet couriers called Blue Ice Pet Shippers.

This all sounds very odd to me, has anyone heard of Blue Ice Pet Shippers as their website is registered in the Island state of Niue!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Paul

The shipping co. will change but the scam will stay alive. Basically pay shipping up front and the dog never arrives. It is a known scam and the addresses does not exist as one person who turned up in Aberdeen to see the dog found out.
Be careful,
Jim

I have a motto regarding such offers which I generally follow:
Anything in life which sounds too good to be true - generally is!
MS

I have a motto regarding such offers which I generally follow:
Anything in life which sounds too good to be true - generally is!
MS

....are you suggesting that I shouldn't have given my bank account details to that poor Nigerian Prince in exile?!?:eek:

What about the $5m he promised me.....?:cry:

BLUE ICE!!! says it all,got to be nigerians!!! sounds a bit like "HAVE YOUR SINS ABOLISHED BY POST,JUST SEND A CHEQUE TO.........., PLEASE ALLOW 28 DAYS FOR FORGIVENESS":rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing something? Why is Blue Ice directly linked to Nigerians? :confused:

Last edited:
Grow up. If you you need to use language like that you have clearly got some of inferiority complex.

Wether its a word or not is beside the point. I have no intentions of argueing the finer points of the english language. The context makes all the difference, it was previously editted out. You never no what race the chap your talking to is on theese things.

Sam

Wether its a word or not is beside the point. I have no intentions of argueing the finer points of the english language. The context makes all the difference, it was previously editted out. You never no what race the chap your talking to is on theese things.

Sam
i agree and apologies, i shall remove its getting off the subject aswell:oops:

As often quoted "if it seems to good to be true then is generally is", is not always right.

I put my brother onto an 8 month old cocker that was advertised as free to a good home on another forum, turns out it had been returned to the breeder due to ill health of owners. Breeder had a full kennel and did not want it, he had been paid once for it as a puppy so was happy for it to go free so long as it was to a working home. Now a few months on Bramble is turning out to be a real cracker...

Lets try this angle, The COUNTRY known as Nigeria, is listed by most of the states in the western hemisphere as being the source of the many scams, similar to those mentioned in this thread, It would probably be easier to talk scams that do not emanate from this country.

I was going through an advertising web site (Gumtree) and came accross this, these dogs are advertised for £200, I pinged an email through the site, as these are only 20 miles from me so the advert states, this is the reply I got........

Thanks
thanks for your interest in buying my puppies they are one male and female(Chris
,Nina and sally ) 12weeks old updated in all their shots, vet checked KC register
and also good with kids they love to give kisses and also like playing in the garden s
before I proceed I will like to ask you some questions
-Are you a breeder?
-Do you have kids?
-Are use to puppies?
-Are you sure that you are going to take care of any of my babies?
-Gift me a Brief Description about your Environment?
-Do you have a vet doctor?
-Were exactly are you located?
-Can I have your phone number to reach you?
As you have already seen in the ad, i am giving out them for sale since they were owned
and taken care of by my wife who has now got a very busy job couple of weeks ago in
Co-londonderry Ireland. As a result, we have relocated to Co-londonderry Ireland due
the mobile nature of my job and right now we can't take proper care of the puppies
which was been taken care of by my wife who has just got a job in Co-londonderry
Ireland. My greatest desire is to find someone who can properly take care of the
puppies and if you can, i can arrange for delivery if you cannot come right up here for
the pick. Delivery am sure will be moderate since we spent just just too little
bringing the puppies up here. If this is ok by you, i will immediately need the

following details
your full names.......................
house address........................
phone numbers.........................
mobile and land line numbers........................
post code......................................................

in order to drop off the puppies as soon as possible at the delivery agency so that
delivery can be done to your home Be reminded that these puppies are for sale since
my wife is busy and there is no one to stay at home with the puppies and all you will
have to do is to pay q200pounds for the puppies including delivery fee directly to the
delivery agency which will deliver the puppies to your home. My prayer is that you love and care for these puppies just as my wife and i did and we will be always grateful with you if you should. Do let me know my address is my address is 6 Tirgarvil lane Upperlands Maghera Co-londonderry BT46 5SJ Ireland, or call me 070551***** if all is fine .as soon as you get back to me i will send you more picks the puppies will come with.
Vet Checked
1st Vaccination,
Micro-chipped
KC registered
4 Generation Pedigree
Worming to date
Flea Treatment
Insured for 6 weeks
Puppy pack:
Wet food
Dry food
Treats
Toys
and training aides
Puppy booklet

Best Regards.1

So lets just say, I'll not be persuing this purchase. I have removed some of the digits from the phone number incase it's a premium rate spam also, which wouldn't surprise me.

TJ

Back