Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Game Fair

Which Game Fair

Now the evenings are getting a little lighter thoughts turn to game fairs, as I'm heavily into my flyfishing as well as shooting theirs nothing I enjoy more than wandering round a game fair, after the ill fated CLA which i have enjoyed for the last few years, I thought i'd have a look online for a replacement, the problem is I now see there are two game fairs only one week apart that seem to pro port to be a CLA replacement? Does anyone know which would be most like the old CLA?

Bit of a jog for you, in my humble opinion the Midland Game Fair takes some beating, including the CLA!

Quote Originally Posted by Wylyetom View Post
    Now the evenings are getting a little lighter thoughts turn to game fairs, as I'm heavily into my flyfishing as well as shooting theirs nothing I enjoy more than wandering round a game fair, after the ill fated CLA which i have enjoyed for the last few years, I thought i'd have a look online for a replacement, the problem is I now see there are two game fairs only one week apart that seem to pro port to be a CLA replacement? Does anyone know which would be most like the old CLA?
    With the success of the shooting show this year I think my money is going to be on the Stoneleigh one. Who knows how much fishing will be represented by any of them though. With two going on so soon one is bound to fail as one of the reasons the CLA pulled out was an ( overcrowded events programme ) it will be interesting to see how they both intend to pull the crowds in.

I'm keeping my hand in my pocket until next year, as at least one of the new game fairs won't survive... Not sure how any of them will make any money, as the folks that will go, can't go to all of them, so they are splitting the audience figures immediately, and these figures have been declining over the last few years.

I wish them all well, but how many will be like me and wait, thus depressing the figures even more.

"Rock and hard place" springs to mind
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

WylyeTom, don't forget to pop in to the West Country Game Fayre at Shepton on the 19th/20th March.
    They may have something of interest.
    Nothing like the 'Proper' game fayres but nothing like as expensive either so may be worth a punt.

I plan to go to the Field & Country Fair run by Time Inc, who publish Shooting Times. Partly because I like ST so I hope they'll make a good event of it, but also because it's quite easy for me to travel to.

I'm totally confused, I thought the Stonley show was to replace the CLA,branding it the New UK Game Fair.
    The CLA looks to be on the 29th, and the Uk Game Fair on the 22nd.
    Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    I'm totally confused, I thought the Stonley show was to replace the CLA,branding it the New UK Game Fair.
    The CLA looks to be on the 29th, and the Uk Game Fair on the 22nd.
    Am I missing something?
    The game fair at Ragley is not the CLA, that has definately gone. It is confusing though as this new one is just headed The Game Fair. The one on the 29th is as you correctly say The Uk Game Fair.

OTE=greenhillstairs;1087063]Bit of a jog for you, in my humble opinion the Midland Game Fair takes some beating, including the CLA![/QUOTE]

Hi
    We have travel from Ireland for the last number of years to the CLA, we are of the opinion that its the Midlands show this year until someone strong enough to put on a good show long term, its to confusing this year pity as its a blow to Hunting/Fishing in the UK.

Just stand back and see who comes out top

Sorry guys but the MGF is a very poor show compared to what it was before a certain organisation took over the running. Years ago it was brilliant better than the CLA now well after last year I wont be going again. The recent shooting show was very good.

D