Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dsc1

Dsc1

Have just signed up to take DSC1 at Humberside shooting ground.
    I have been trying to complete some of the free trial exam papers out there on the net and am a bit concerned about having to learn English ,Scottish and Northern Irish rules etc.
    Does any one know if the exams contain Irish questions, I don't see the relevance if I am sitting it in England.
    Which leads me to ask the question, why is the law different in the 3 countries.
    Why cannot the dates and calibers' be standardized.

I'm in the same boat as you - I have my DSC1 coming up in early April so I'm reading up on it all at the moment.

To my knowledge the questions you get in the exam come from any of the 280+ questions that are available, weighted so that you get an even coverage across all the various sections.

Common sense would suggest that all the laws should be in line but the way our laws form and evolve over time means that they rarely are! I dont think theres a specific reason why they arent in line, only that they have developed over the years into the format we see today and therefore we need to be familiar with them all.

I did mine last year in scotland so obviously scottish questions came up,which i hadn,t read up,so i was panicking as was everyone else to be honest,but believe me lads dont fret if the instructor is half as good as ours you will be fine honestly ,and dont forget they are shooters too,good luck,atb doug,
    DONT START

I've got mine booked for June, Training Manual arrived today. Bit daunting!

I'm doing mine in Apr - what's the consensus on pre-study? Stick to the Training Manual or get all the other training material too?
    Last edited by JREW; 04-03-2016 at 23:49.

Quote Originally Posted by JREW View Post
    I'm doing mine in Apr - what's the consensus on pre-study? Stick to the Training Manual or get all the other training material too?
    The online tests are good, recycling from the question bank, especially the visuals.

If you are on the British mainland you can ignore the Northern Ireland sections. Just do a lot of hours on the rest of the stuff in the book.

Best of luck,

David.

Deer Stalking Certificate 1 Training - Home learning
    Last edited by highland stalker; 05-03-2016 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    If you are on the British mainland you can ignore the Northern Ireland sections. Just do a lot of hours on the rest of the stuff in the book.

Best of luck,

David.
    Took mine last year. This is correct.

Can categorically confirm that taking the DSC1 in England/ Wales/ Scotland you will not be questioned on Northern Ireland.

If taking DSC1 in Scotland on the Highland paper, then there is a leaning toward ( but not exclusive ) Scottish questions and certain of the Safety questions are mandatory.

In general, if you have any concerns at all then your course provider is always the best first port of call - from the horse's mouth so to speak. There's great advice on here and mostly accurate, but with little comeback if you are given a duff steer. I've been claiming Jayb is handsome and CSL interesting for years - with absolutely no comeback or censure....

Good luck with the DSC1
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017