Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boar kills greyhound in the Forest Of Dean

I used to work in Berlin. There were all sorts of boar related incidents. Boar is the largest threat to biodiversity in this country. They need to be eradicated now before it's too late. They are the one sporting species I'd rather fly over the channel to hunt.

Another empty headed walker?, she says what are these animals (dangerous) doing wandering around the countryside?, does she think she's in sainsburys or what?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by 375win View Post
    I used to work in Berlin. There were all sorts of boar related incidents. Boar is the largest threat to biodiversity in this country. They need to be eradicated now before it's too late. They are the one sporting species I'd rather fly over the channel to hunt.
    If you offerered to pay for all my flights over the ditch, I still wouldn't agree with eradication.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Lead. Simple answer. I once saw a women attack a chap who told her that it was private land, and if she didnt take the dog and herself of the land he would shoot the dog. I think he shot the dog in the end.

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Eradication is the only answer. Once they are established, you've lost the fight. This was certainly the view of the guys I met over there.

Is it not always the case that when one species flourishes another is harmed. I would be interested to know what would we lose that we should be so concerned about.

Eradication is the only answer. Once they are established, you've lost the fight. This was certainly the view of the guys I met over there.
    methinks established is already a reality.

They are hear and they are staying. Unless some serious Daylight hunting is done so that the beasts associate man with Death they they will ignore people at best and at worst charge them. My house backs onto the woods and several people have been charged most probably due to the dogs they were walking But there you have it, they see us and they think Dogs and charge.
    I got to within 50 yards of 3 sows along with young purely because I was down wind but with young they can become hot headed chargers. Last weekend my son and his oppo were playing in the woods when we got a phone call to say he was stuck on a big rock with a large tusker walking around beneath, he was told to wait and sure enough the boar got bored and my son came home, But if the boar associate humans and human scent with big bangs and pain then the chance of me or my son getting up close to them would be slim And they would be more likely to take flight than charge. They need to know they are NOT on the top of the food chain, and to give man a wide birth.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...545172,00.html

I think what finnbear says is right. You have boar to stay in England now and like i have written in other boar posts , you ain't seen nothing yet.
    Why have these idiot dog walker not got there dogs under control or if they can't control them walk them on a lead. That greyhound will just be one of many dogs to get chopped by boar. Sows are just as dangerous as boar. Its amazing how fast the boar move when on the attack. They have made the Kopov tuck his tail between his legs and beat a hasty retreat on more than one accasion but he's soon back up behind them again. He do's have the advantage of his kevlar vest though.
    Attachment 1204
    www.prokennel.se
    Last edited by Jagare; 27-05-2010 at 15:03.