Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Carcass Tags

Deer Carcass Tags

Hi; I am continually working on expanding my new business venture "Hilltop Heritage", likewise interested in broadening My product range and services as a whole. I’m looking here for any valued advice, feedback or potential co-operation. Has anyone any experience with Deer Carcass tags or indeed Game tags in general. Part of my"real job" the day to day grind so to speak is involvement with Cable and Wire management/identification. Our firm produce and market a vast range of security seals and cable ties, a range that is ever growing with the wider requirements of Heath & Safety and general security/ traceability. With regards to these Deer Carcass tags, I and a few friends have used our company tags for personal use in our role as part time Deer controllers for Tilhill economic forestry. However our requirements are of course relatively minimal. Not even sure if there’s demand outthere for Carcass Tags, what that demand maybe. We certainly have the resource and know how to produceor replicate the ones I've seen in more commercial circulation, those I believe were supplied via Bushwear. I'm told they merely distribute small packs for personal use, they were I recollect also quite expensive for what they are. A head stalker friend of mine whom incidentally now uses our Plastic tags told me of Paper Label on a roll, but he was quite disparaging of them when they got wet or prolonged exposure in the larder/freezer. Our business usually trades in these direct with Airlines, the NHS for clinical waste in hundreds and often cases thousands. Ha!! certainly for my own use and I suspect most others, 10's of would more then suffice for the season. I'm not un-duly worried about these standard pack sizes, I have enough influence too break those down into say packs of 10. I may decide on a partner for such a venture, certainly I would not discount any partnership with someone whom is better placed to distribute/market the same. Whilst we also offer plain labels, we likewise have all our in-house state of the art identification systems. we can pretty much print on any tag or cable tie, we even used special heat shrink to create more complex logos for identification on cable ties. I have included a few examples below with a link likewise to the waste tags data only. For smaller user's they can likewise be readily marked with a permanent marker pen, we often give those "Sharpie" ones away with Tags as freebies to most customers. We have produced for company's whom use as "Free Gifts" at tradeshows, "Landrover Owner Mag" one example, or indeed used on the trade stand, just for additional branding and exposure. I even produced some myself with to promote my bespoke Heritage Landrover sales, likewise they are useually just handed out as a freebie. I would be very Interested on any feedback, this to see if indeed there is market out there for these, any suggestions, serious interest or otherwise would be most welcome. Thanks in advance

Link here on the Waste Tags data sheet; http://www.hilltop-products.co.uk/me...New%202015.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waste Tag.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	67352Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fire Seal Tag.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	67354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sack tag.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	67353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land_Rover_Main_2_Yellow.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	67355
    Last edited by greenhillstairs; 03-03-2016 at 16:37.

All Gamedealers supply tags free of charge to stalkers supplying them,so no need for anyone selling to a Game dealer to buy tags.
    Game dealers want their own tags to be used on carcasses supplied to them.

No need to tag a carcase if its for your own use.

May be a market south of the border where stalkers may sell small numbers to the public something which is not allowed in the north.

Both Bushwear and the BDS sell tags whether the would be sufficient demand for it to worth while anyone else entering the market I don't
    know.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhillstairs View Post
    Hi; I am continually working on expanding my new business venture "Hilltop Heritage", likewise interested in broadening My product range and services as a whole. I’m looking here for any valued advice, feedback or potential co-operation. Has anyone any experience with Deer Carcass tags or indeed Game tags in general. Part of my"real job" the day to day grind so to speak is involvement with Cable and Wire management/identification. Our firm produce and market a vast range of security seals and cable ties, a range that is ever growing with the wider requirements of Heath & Safety and general security/ traceability. With regards to these Deer Carcass tags, I and a few friends have used our company tags for personal use in our role as part time Deer controllers for Tilhill economic forestry. However our requirements are of course relatively minimal. Not even sure if there’s demand outthere for Carcass Tags, what that demand maybe. We certainly have the resource and know how to produceor replicate the ones I've seen in more commercial circulation, those I believe were supplied via Bushwear. I'm told they merely distribute small packs for personal use, they were I recollect also quite expensive for what they are. A head stalker friend of mine whom incidentally now uses our Plastic tags told me of Paper Label on a roll, but he was quite disparaging of them when they got wet or prolonged exposure in the larder/freezer. Our business usually trades in these direct with Airlines, the NHS for clinical waste in hundreds and often cases thousands. Ha!! certainly for my own use and I suspect most others, 10's of would more then suffice for the season. I'm not un-duly worried about these standard pack sizes, I have enough influence too break those down into say packs of 10. I may decide on a partner for such a venture, certainly I would not discount any partnership with someone whom is better placed to distribute/market the same. Whilst we also offer plain labels, we likewise have all our in-house state of the art identification systems. we can pretty much print on any tag or cable tie, we even used special heat shrink to create more complex logos for identification on cable ties. I have included a few examples below with a link likewise to the waste tags data only. For smaller user's they can likewise be readily marked with a permanent marker pen, we often give those "Sharpie" ones away with Tags as freebies to most customers. We have produced for company's whom use as "Free Gifts" at tradeshows, "Landrover Owner Mag" one example, or indeed used on the trade stand, just for additional branding and exposure. I even produced some myself with to promote my bespoke Heritage Landrover sales, likewise they are useually just handed out as a freebie. I would be very Interested on any feedback, this to see if indeed there is market out there for these, any suggestions, serious interest or otherwise would be most welcome. Thanks in advance

Link here on the Waste Tags data sheet; http://www.hilltop-products.co.uk/me...New%202015.pdf

Haha valued advice = take out trade membership while promoting your business... then +1 for what bog trotter said

Ps all the tags i get from my game dealer are own branded

[QUOTE=redlab;1087277]Haha valued advice = take out trade membership while promoting your business... then +1 for what bog trotter said

Thanks for the Advice Redlab, could have swore your banner was "Supporter" not Administrator, but your apology accepted in advance no worry's I have a trade Membership, its just they have not put up the Trade Member banner as such yet !! Ha!! wouldn't think SD admin would be too thrilled about my blatant "Heritage advertising banner" on my signature if I was not parting with the coin so to speak.
    Last edited by greenhillstairs; 03-03-2016 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    All Gamedealers supply tags free of charge to stalkers supplying them,so no need for anyone selling to a Game dealer to buy tags.
    Game dealers want their own tags to be used on carcasses supplied to them.

No need to tag a carcase if its for your own use.

May be a market south of the border where stalkers may sell small numbers to the public something which is not allowed in the north.

Both Bushwear and the BDS sell tags whether the would be sufficient demand for it to worth while anyone else entering the market I don't
    know.
    Thanks "BogTrotter" useful info there, maybe target the Game dealers any on here? I'm guessing they don't make nor brand there own!

Quote Originally Posted by greenhillstairs View Post
    Hi; I am continually working on expanding my new business venture "Hilltop Heritage", likewise interested in broadening My product range and services as a whole. I’m looking here for any valued advice, feedback or potential co-operation. Has anyone any experience with Deer Carcass tags or indeed Game tags in general.

Part of my"real job" the day to day grind so to speak is involvement with Cable and Wire management/identification. Our firm produce and market a vast range of security seals and cable ties, a range that is ever growing with the wider requirements of Heath & Safety and general security/ traceability.

With regards to these Deer Carcass tags, I and a few friends have used our company tags for personal use in our role as part time Deer controllers for Tilhill economic forestry. However our requirements are of course relatively minimal. Not even sure if there’s demand outthere for Carcass Tags, what that demand maybe. We certainly have the resource and know how to produceor replicate the ones I've seen in more commercial circulation, those I believe were supplied via Bushwear. I'm told they merely distribute small packs for personal use, they were I recollect also quite expensive for what they are.

A head stalker friend of mine whom incidentally now uses our Plastic tags told me of Paper Label on a roll, but he was quite disparaging of them when they got wet or prolonged exposure in the larder/freezer. Our business usually trades in these direct with Airlines, the NHS for clinical waste in hundreds and often cases thousands. Ha!! certainly for my own use and I suspect most others, 10's of would more then suffice for the season. I'm not un-duly worried about these standard pack sizes, I have enough influence too break those down into say packs of 10.

I may decide on a partner for such a venture, certainly I would not discount any partnership with someone whom is better placed to distribute/market the same. Whilst we also offer plain labels, we likewise have all our in-house state of the art identification systems. we can pretty much print on any tag or cable tie, we even used special heat shrink to create more complex logos for identification on cable ties.

I have included a few examples below with a link likewise to the waste tags data only. For smaller user's they can likewise be readily marked with a permanent marker pen, we often give those "Sharpie" ones away with Tags as freebies to most customers. We have produced for company's whom use as "Free Gifts" at tradeshows, "Landrover Owner Mag" one example, or indeed used on the trade stand, just for additional branding and exposure. I even produced some myself with to promote my bespoke Heritage Landrover sales, likewise they are useually just handed out as a freebie.

I would be very Interested on any feedback, this to see if indeed there is market out there for these, any suggestions, serious interest or otherwise would be most welcome. Thanks in advance

Paragraphs make for an easier read.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post
    Paragraphs make for an easier read.
    I take it Your a trade Member likewise Grey without a Trade Banner as yet?? this seeing as you have very kindly included a link to your trade website. http://www.warringahshire.co.uk/

Is this a game of "Banner Envy"?

BE

Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    Is this a game of "Banner Envy"?

BE
    nah probably just advertising without taking out trade membership.......

I don't know much about these things having just bought my first ever tags from BDS, there are occasions when some data might need to be added to the tag and this doesn't look achievable on those tags?