Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunder in the Sky

Thunder in the Sky

Once or twice a week the Army fly close by, I also see them out at night when lamping, however this afternoon things got a lot closer and much louder.

To be honest my first thought was the air ambulance...however after grabbing my phone and legging it over the field it had landed in the extended garden of the house across the road.
    I could make out Navy on the tail...

A few people in the garden taking pictures, I am sure the visit will be forth coming soon.

A bit windy when it took off lol..

Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 03-03-2016 at 22:04.
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    very nice,

I get buzzed every day and night, not had one in the garden yet, but very close,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Might have been a few red lights on in the dashboard!, looks like he was in warm up mode in the vid.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    very nice,

I get buzzed every day and night, not had one in the garden yet, but very close,

bob.
    Is the buzzing for you to make the tea....when mum was with us she would knock on the wall with her stick for a cupper bless.

Tim.243

Fantastic!!

Wasn't there a pilot, a few years back, who got reprimanded for landing near his favourite village butchers to pick up an order?
    Hope this won't lead to something similar.

Three memorable flights for me, as a laddie growing up in Forfar, were.
    A brilliant dog fight between a Phantom and an F15 Eagle over the Strathmore valley that lasted for about 10minutes
    A squadron of Buccaneers fly overhead at such a low altitude the trees swayed in jet wash and I couldn't hear a thing for a couple of minutes afterwards. They flew over singly not in formation and it seemed to take ages for them to fly over, but boy was it exciting for a 11yr old lad.
    A Herc regularly flying past the Academy at about 10:30 on Monday mornings when we were in Physics on the fourth floor and we would wave to the pilots and get a wave back. It would be banking having come in from the Lunan Bay area to head west along the valley

Not sure they would get away with the things today that went on in the '60's and '70's in Germany.
    I spent most of one Wednesday 'Sports afternoon' cruising over nearly every car scrap yard between Hannover and Hamburg looking for a particular BMW bonnet for a pilot friend.
    Another time we stopped for coffee at a farm, we were given coffee because that particular pilot used to cruise above her lake and count her carp quite regularly.
    Then there was the time a chopper hovered quite close to our block of flats just outside Celle with the co-pilot taking photos of his intended married quarter !
    Yes, those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Not sure they would get away with the things today that went on in the '60's and '70's in Germany.
    I spent most of one Wednesday 'Sports afternoon' cruising over nearly every car scrap yard between Hannover and Hamburg looking for a particular BMW bonnet for a pilot friend.
    Another time we stopped for coffee at a farm, we were given coffee because that particular pilot used to cruise above her lake and count her carp quite regularly.
    Then there was the time a chopper hovered quite close to our block of flats just outside Celle with the co-pilot taking photos of his intended married quarter !
    Yes, those were the days.

From what my Dad said the guy is connected to a military museum so it might have been something to do with that....!

Tim.243

Flown in them a lot when I was a member of a Mountain Rescue team had them landing in some strange places to drop off and pick up team members.

Anyone been out lamping and had the police chopper put the spot on you?

Smile and wave, smile and wave...

We're under a low fly corridor so get all sorts charging around the place at any given hour of the day. The Chinooks and Apaches are bonkers, but the Hercules pilots are downright certifiable.