Thread: Wanted: Deer stalking near Birmingham

Wanted: Deer stalking near Birmingham

Hi all,

I'm looking for some deer stalking (as cheap as possible) as close to Birmingham as possible in the next couple of months.
    Ideally I'd like to lend a rifle- I have got a .308 but it's a tikka t3 heavy barrel super varmint so quite the weight to lug around! It's also only licensed for range use at the moment.

Anything fairly local about drop me a PM please. I'm fully BASC insured and have FAC obviously.

Thanks,

Mitch

You'll get some funny comments no doubt, but in all seriouseness and without wishing to be the bringer of bad news. There is to my knowledge no cheap stalking near Birmingham. There are good deer populations south of the city, but as land prices are high and many people wishing to shoot it deer stalking comes at a premium rate.
    If you are fortunate enough to find this nirvarna I'd be real grateful if you would let me know. (don't tell everyone though).

I don't think you can lend your rifle either if it is only licenced for range use.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I don't think you can lend your rifle either if it is only licenced for range use.
    You possibly could borrow, rent or hire a rifle to go stalking with though? There's a well know word that is often put after cheap and that word is 's~~t'
    You would be much better off paying the going rate and save wasting your time!

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I suspect what the OP means is that he would like the lend off a rifle.

Ah, sorry. So he meant to get someone to lend him a rifle. I did wonder if I'd misunderstood.

Out of interest what do you think is the right amount to pay for a outing is? Say 4 hours in the morning or evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete6.5 View Post
    Out of interest what do you think is the right amount to pay for a outing is? Say 4 hours in the morning or evening.

If its does then 60-100 for 4 hours if it's bucks 60-100 plus an extra charge for antler quality so maybe upto 140 for 4 hours

if it's a medal quality deer many hundreds of pounds