Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Scotland

Police Scotland

While its common to read on on here of police shortcomings regarding licensing and associated subjects, I can't speak
    highly enough of Police Scotland in regards to a recent issue.

Recently had applications for Visitors Permits go missing in the mail ,leaving me with clients due to arrive shortly and no
    Permits , police Scotland said if I reapplied they would do what they could, which I did with no real hope of a successful
    outcome, considering the quoted time required to process applications is six weeks.

24 hours after applying I received a telephone call to say my permits were ready if I cared to come in and collect them

Fantastic service and very much appreciated

Perthshire are notoriously efficient, friendly and pragmatic.

Clearly due some administrative interference...

It is good to give praise when due, I have always found licencing in perth / dundee very helpfull considering they are suffering staff cuts they are doing a fantastic job

Ray

I recently requested a 1 for 1 , and in my haste neglected to ask for moderator, 24 hours from start to finish including fixing MY mistake , awesome service.
    Also forgot that I asked for an increase in ammunition as well , they really are on the ball !

Variation, 1 week, local bobby for quick 5 minute chat while on his "beat" thne a quick call from the inspector because i has requested high number of rounds (.22LR). Totally reasonable conversation.

Cannot fault it. (central scotland area).

All well and good but they managed to take near six months for a variation to add an air rifle to my ticket on land where I can use my .44 .22 multi shot 12g.They insisted on a home visit all their forms redone and guns/cabinet checked.
    Yeah all for an air rifle.

Eh? An air rifle doesnt need a license til December, unless its over 12 ftlbs, in which case its not just an 'air rifle', it's a S1 Firearm? As has been the case for years. And needs the same enquiries/security as any other S1 Firearm. Still shouldn't take 6 months though.

Quote Originally Posted by gerarddwatts View Post
    Eh? An air rifle doesnt need a license til December, unless its over 12 ftlbs, in which case its not just an 'air rifle', it's a S1 Firearm? As has been the case for years. And needs the same enquiries/security as any other S1 Firearm. Still shouldn't take 6 months though.
    Yes it was so I could add my air rifle and get it above 12 ftlbs.Now I asked it for vermin on land I already shoot with .44 rem mag,.22 lr and a multi shot 12 bore shotgun.Just how much inquiry do you think that really needed,had I asked for say something like a .0308 i'd agree with you but an air rifle.

Yes now its the Police there self's thins do seam to be getting better

I did the same as Nighteye whilst making out my application for a 1 to 1 variation, I changed my mind on the calibre. So when I eventually submitted it I had also forgot to add a moderator.

Just by explaining to Strathclyde by phone everything was sorted out no dramas. Plus they added on the extra ammo they had omitted on the new certificate.

Great Service.