Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Work Sharp Knife Sharpener - KOE

Work Sharp Knife Sharpener - KOE

The Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition

The Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition is designed to sharpen every knife you own. Using a fully adjustable precision sharpening guide, variable speed and wide flexible abrasive belts it sharpens pocket & hunting knives, serrated knives, kitchen knives and any other shape or type of blade you own. Professional blade makers like Ken Onion use flexible belts to put a razor sharp edge on their blades, now you can have the same technology in your home or shop. Work Sharp Engineered and Ken Onion Designed to deliver the pinnacle of knife sharpening.
    The 3/4" x 12 premium, flexible engineered abrasive belts sharpen virtually any shape or type of knife blade and uses a precision sharpening guide to ensure that you get a consistent angle every time. The sharpening guide is fully adjustable in 1 increments from 15 to 30 so you can sharpen any knife to the angle you desire to best meet your needs. The variable speed control (1200 SFM to 2800 SFM) provides you with the optimal belt speed for the task at hand.
    The kit comes with a complete set of abrasive belts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worksharp_ko1.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	67377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worksharp_ko5.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	67378

153.00 plus P&P Limited Time Offer. PM for details.

UK Mainland Only.

This ad is addressed to those who would like to use belt methods for knife sharpening. Please post other preference methods elsewhere.

Hi Greymaster, how does it leave the finished blade? any scrapes or marks? what I mean, is it suitable for custom knives ie wont leave the blade in a mess like some belt sharpeners or is it more aimed at cheaper working knives where it doesn't matter if the blade is scratched as long as it has a razor sharp edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hi Greymaster, how does it leave the finished blade? any scrapes or marks? what I mean, is it suitable for custom knives ie wont leave the blade in a mess like some belt sharpeners or is it more aimed at cheaper working knives where it doesn't matter if the blade is scratched as long as it has a razor sharp edge?

Norax belts are very good for finish i use them on my Big Knife grinder a buff on my Polisher and its a razor edge I sue it to sharpen my knives as well as make them

I would say this machine should give good results However without trying one couldn't say if thats easy to do or easy to slip and mark a blade

but like all of of these powered sharpeners you can remove a lot of metal fast if our not careful

do you know how much the p&p is pls

Quote Originally Posted by 1kevb View Post
    do you know how much the p&p is pls
    5.99 signed for and tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    The angle guides should help prevent slippage. Plus for longer blades there is a roller guide. You use the weight of the blade so very light touch. You can put tape on the blade to reduce the risk of scratching, but at the end of the day it is down the care given by the human.

More here:

Last edited by Greymaster; 05-03-2016 at 11:41.

A few more have arrived in stock today. Price held while stocks last.

Hi Greymaster
    Couple of questions:
    1. Are the belts readily available in the UK?
    2. What is the cost of them?
    3. Will this kit be on display at Kelso?
    regards
    Alan

Does the belt assembly rotate around the motor spindle when using it as a hand held grinder? The video shows it being used freehand on and axe but I could not see the handle at the same time.

Alan

Couple of questions:

1. Are the belts readily available in the UK?

The belts are sourced in the US as is the sharpener. I will keep a small stock of them

2. What is the cost of them?

16.95 for a kit comprising 1 of each p120, x65, x22, x4, p6000

3. Will this kit be on display at Kelso?

Not by me.