Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Animal rights email received from my MP

  1. #1

    Animal rights email received from my MP

    Hi all , received this mail of my local MP . Where do they get such bollxxks.

    Pheasants in Cages
    The caging of pheasants was the animal welfare issue I had the most emails about. A large number of you are rightly concerned about the living conditions of these beautiful birds. Many pheasants are confined to a metal cage for their whole life, often for the sole purpose of being shot.

    In light of your emails, I put a question to the government on improving the welfare of pheasants in the UK and reducing the number reared in cages. Unfortunately, it appears that while they intend to make some changes later this year, the government are not planing to reduce the number of pheasants reared in cages.

  2. #2
    Id let them know they are both misinformed and deluded and that they just lost your vote

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey jake View Post
    Id let them know they are both misinformed and deluded and that they just lost your vote
    Actually I would let them know they are misinformed and if they would like to see how it is done then you would be happy to arrange something. It is all about educating them. Not all of them know everything and if the anti have a writing campaigns to the MPs then they need to be shown how it actually is.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Actually I would let them know they are misinformed and if they would like to see how it is done then you would be happy to arrange something. It is all about educating them. Not all of them know everything and if the anti have a writing campaigns to the MPs then they need to be shown how it actually is.
    Yeah that's probably a better way

  5. #5
    You're no wrong. Total and utter boll***s

  6. #6
    clearly an anti-lobby in this Birmingham constituency.
    looks like the MP has been bombarded with emails from antis.
    it is a Marginal labour seat.
    beware these activist minorities, can cause a lot of mis-informed mischief.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    Hi all , received this mail of my local MP . Where do they get such bollxxks.

    Pheasants in Cages
    The caging of pheasants was the animal welfare issue I had the most emails about. A large number of you are rightly concerned about the living conditions of these beautiful birds. Many pheasants are confined to a metal cage for their whole life, often for the sole purpose of being shot.

    In light of your emails, I put a question to the government on improving the welfare of pheasants in the UK and reducing the number reared in cages. Unfortunately, it appears that while they intend to make some changes later this year, the government are not planing to reduce the number of pheasants reared in cages.

























    Forward this on to your shooting association/organisation of choice,they will deal with it.....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Forward this on to your shooting association/organisation of choice,they will deal with it.....
    Hi Marin I did as you suggested and sent the mail to BASC . They are going to set up a meeting with him to discuss the content of his mail.
    Thanks for your advice
    Chill

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    Hi Marin I did as you suggested and sent the mail to BASC . They are going to set up a meeting with him to discuss the content of his mail.
    Thanks for your advice
    Chill
    Ideal,keep us posted on the outcome.

  10. #10
    This is where our organisations do well. It would probably still be a good idea to email your MP and say you feel he has been misinformed and you have asked your conservation body to discuss it with him. Double whammy!

    David.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-12-2014, 22:30
  2. deer stalking rights / shooting rights
    By jas in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 12:58
  3. Animal rights activists
    By rockingod in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 26-07-2010, 19:55
  4. I have just received a ...
    By JAYB in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 20:34
  5. Don't mention animal rights! Kenya in the good days.
    By TOP_PREDATOR in forum Big Game Hunting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-10-2008, 23:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •