Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BDS Highlands AGM & Meeting

BDS Highlands AGM & Meeting

BDS HIGHLAND BRANCH AGM
    REAY FOREST ESTATE.
    Achfary, Lairg, Sutherland IV27 4PA

(By kind invitation of Westminster Estates and David Allison, Head Stalker)

2 APRIL 2016, 11:00 am

AGM will be followed by a short presentation by David Allison covering deer management on Reay Forest Estate.

David will then give his opinion on the direction of upland deer management in Scotland over the next decade. Al Monkman will chair an open discussion.

Following a picnic lunch (bring your own piece) the UK Scent Hound Association (UKSHA) (Mereside & Wolverine here on SD) will deliver a presentation and practical demonstration covering:

· Understanding of the ‘red’ and ‘green’ zones for best follow up to the shot site
    · Practical demo followed by Q&A
    · Three examples of shot sites, with Q&A
    · Final shot site to follow up
    · Call in one of UKSHA to demonstrate how they would follow up
    · Practical use of the hound on a short track for BDS members to see how UKSHA work. Q&A.
    · The objective is a taster for anyone wishing to understand how UKSHA members go about follow up from the moment they get to where the deer has run.

Hi yorric

I am not a bds member but would be interested in going to see the demonstration of the uk scent hound association.
    Could you let me know if I would be allowed to attend.

Thanks Andrew

Hi Andrew - Yes!
    The Highlands Branch always welcomes non-members to meetings as long as we know who to expect.
    PM me with your details & I'll make sure you're looked after on the day.
    The formal AGM bit is just for members & usually only takes an hour, but you could join in the rest of the day.

Ian

Thanks Ian I am looking forward to seeing everyone. Andrew this year we are doing quite a few talks and demonstrations for people all over the UK.
    For everyone who cannot make this event, details to follow on a seperate thread, thanks Wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Thanks Ian and Wayne that's great I'll certainly come along then.
    Andrew

More details now fixed.

Achfary, Lairg, Sutherland IV27 4PA

(By kind invitation of Westminster Estates and David Allison, Head Stalker)

2 APRIL 2016, 11:00 am

The AGM meeting is to be hosted in the Achfary estate hall which is on the left siide of the A838 (traveling NW) at grid ref NC29255 39685. Look for black & white telephone box & stables on left - the hall is the big building set back - parking on the right side of the road around the estate office/buildings..
    Teas, coffee & biscuits will be provided.
    Location for tracking/shot site demonstrations is now agreed.this is to be on the left side (south west)of the A838 by Lochstack Lodge (gridref NC26820 43495) This is 5Km north of Achfary. There is parking there for a few cars (maybe wise to leave some cars at Achfary & share).
    So that all can see the tracking demo without mobbing round the dog/handler we will be able to view from the road (take binoculars/spotting scopes) The tracking will all be visible from the roadside.

Although the location is way up north & a good way to travel to. I am sure folks attending will have a special day in a very special & beautiful place.

Ian

As last year Ian I'm sure it will be a very enjoyable day with a good attendance. Would very much like to of seen the planned tracking/shot site demo but unfortunately not in the Highlands atm and the 500 odd miles is a bit too far. Regards Gary

Aye aye Gaz,
    We,as in UKSHA,have been asked to do a seminar with BDS West Branch,if that's nearer.
    Around Gloucester,dates and locations will be confirmed later.
    Hope that is nearer
    All the best
    George

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

or find us on facebook

Result George. Gloucester will be doable. Will keep a look out for the date. Alternatively have you anything in or around Mid Wales or Shropshire on your demo agendas. Appreciate the great work you guys do for us. ATB Gary

Gaz we can do demos and talks where people want us, we are happy to help, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    or find us on facebook