Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone punch paper?

Anyone punch paper?

Does anyone do target shooting aswell as deer stalking? Thinking of taking it up to get some more rifle practice.

I am a member of...Phoenix Shooters Association UK, & a lapsed member of Warrington & district pistol & rifle club............ cool ,don't know what happened there with the colour & font!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I must be mixing my beers!, anyway, Altcar, Sealand, Llansillin, m.o.d. ranges get a visit when I can fit it in! R.C.O., club coach.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Funny you should mention paper punching, will be at Sealand ranges tomorrow, doing butts duties for a course being run.

I've intrested in maybe getting a Lee Enfield or a Mauser.

Lots of usable .303's knocking about, just be careful, some are not what they seem!...... anything from 120.00 on up skywards depending on model & actual genuine fit & fixtures.

I shoot with the AirgunBBS club at bisley its a good day out http://www.bbsnrpc.co.uk/

Yup - i shoot practical rifle, 22 prone, black powder pistol, lever action gallery type and 22 semi auto action.

Buy the mauser and ignore the enfield. Request a catalogue from the Henry Krank web site. Page 111-112 and get the credit card out. I'm considering getting a Swedish Mauser and converting it to a stalker.

Yes, Lothian & Borders Rifle Club near Carfraemill (130/230yds)and Castlelaw (400m). Mostly with the 260 Rem.

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/2AF9D.../0/Castlaw.pdf

Rgds JCS

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Yup - i shoot practical rifle, 22 prone, black powder pistol, lever action gallery type and 22 semi auto action.

Buy the mauser and ignore the enfield. Request a catalogue from the Henry Krank web site. Page 111-112 and get the credit card out. I'm considering getting a Swedish Mauser and converting it to a stalker.
    OK ignore the Enfield if you like awful sights .................. i.e Mauser barlycorn very imprecise except on the Swedes which has a normal square bladed foresight . Oh yeah and the K98 has not got the best stock either .

Now I don't like the No4 Enfiled much either ................................. I personally prefer the earlier No1's and the Mk1's (Long Lees) of course one could always get the cross over rifle with superb sights and a mauser type bolt that still cocks on closing .......................... The pattern 14 or No3 rifle.

Yes I do a bit of informal paper punching although I no longer have any military rifles having sold the last one at the end of 2009, that was a Martini Enfield AC11 in 303 of course , I have a Sportco M44 single shot target rifle in 7.62x51 and will be picking up a P-H 1200TX soon, as soon as my varied licence gets here , and I have a .303 sporting rifle with a Redfield 70 aperture sight on it.