Lease prices

darfield17

Just a quick question what are the average prices per acre to rent woodland in Scotland for roe stalking?

As a rough guide FC charge approximately £100/deer (roe).

Last edited:
Hi; Only my opinion and I suppose it depends what area of Scotland, but as a rough guess having applied for a few pieces of ground over the years, the Borders and Dumfriesshire You would be lucky to come away with any change out of 2 Grand !! very best of luck, I'm afraid demand outstrips supply and that from my experience depicts the price.

Try £3.25 an acre that's what we had to tender to get it 600 acres in the Borders and I'm going back 10 years +

Further to my last post, should just add. In our area the Tweed valley above Moffat, Sika deer have been steadily pushing up the valley more increasingly over the course of the last 10 years or so, there are now at least two commercial "Stalking" operations relatively close by and whilst they hunt Roe as well, Sika is purported to be there speciality. The upshot this is Lease pricing and demand is now increasing steadily if not alarmingly in at least one case I am aware of. Thankfully for now we have not been affected, however Sika are sighted and indeed "culled" on our ground now with far more frequency then even a few seasons previous, I feel it is only a matter of time before the lease comes under more serious review simply due to its now let's say more wider "Sporting" potential. :confused:

Back