Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Yorkshire Firearms

North Yorkshire Firearms

Exemplary Service

Sent in for a new EFP and enclosed paperwork for latest rifle last week, they rang on Thursday to sat they needed my FAC to add the rifle to the "travelling through an airport" condition so I sent it by "signed for" on Wednesday afternoon.

Arrived back this morning (Saturday) complete with new style EFP which is in the style of a FAC - hope the Europeans recognise it as an EFP!

Very impressed - especially with a hand written note apologising for the inconvenience caused, they really do seem to be on the ball in North Yorkshire, they did the rifle variation in 5 days which included posting time.
    Last edited by TonyC; 05-03-2016 at 11:34.
    TonyC

Nice to hear that North Yorkshire are providing a very good service! I think other forces need to take a long hard look at themselves

They have been consistently good, helpful, efficient and polite over my 16 years dealing with them.. I had a variation processed last week and the I was without FAC for 48h.. And most of that time it would have been in the post!

the "travelling through an airport" condition What is this as I have never had it on my FAC and EFP?

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

[QUOTE=reiver;1088083]the "travelling through an airport" condition What is this as I have never had it on my FAC and EFP?

My FAC has condition 7 ... The (All required rifles itemised) and ammunition shall be carried when proceeding to or returning from a port of embarkation... then follows usual about zeroing in Great Britain

First appeared about 3 years ago, must be linked to EFP issue.
    TonyC

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    Nice to hear that North Yorkshire are providing a very good service! I think other forces need to take a long hard look at themselves
    You need to post an introduction when first joining the forum.

[QUOTE=TonyC;1088111]
    Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    the "travelling through an airport" condition What is this as I have never had it on my FAC and EFP?

My FAC has condition 7 ... The (All required rifles itemised) and ammunition shall be carried when proceeding to or returning from a port of embarkation... then follows usual about zeroing in Great Britain

First appeared about 3 years ago, must be linked to EFP issue.
    Is this condition on your Fac for a rifle that you can not use for hunting in the UK ??.
    My fac is 3 years old and has no conditions on it about port of embarcation . Just woundering what the point of this condition is?
    Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

[QUOTE=reiver;1088156]
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC View Post

Is this condition on your Fac for a rifle that you can not use for hunting in the UK ??.
    My fac is 3 years old and has no conditions on it about port of embarcation . Just woundering what the point of this condition is?
    Bob
    All of my rifles are used in the UK, I can legally walk round Heathrow ( or any " port" ) carrying a weapon covered as usual without fear of having an issue with security. Most of my travelling companions have this condition, you may want to query it with your FLO. I certainly didn't ask for it, North Yorkhire tend to be on the ball.
    TonyC

I'm another North Yorkshire satisfied customer.
    On my last renewal everything happened at the right time with my application returned to them in good time. No new certificate arrived and I was getting a little concerned. On the day before expiry the new one landed, all correct and no drama's.

Thanks North Yorks Police and by the sound of things on here and similar forums you could do with coaching/mentoring a few other police regions!