Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what a sh##hole we live on

what a sh##hole we live on

seem to have a rant every year about this and its getting worse !
    RUBBISH !!this island we live on is full of litter louts ,been about a bit lately and now ungrowth is down the verges are full of crap and rubbish ,bottles furniture ect its disgusting but I never seem to see it being chucked out wish I did .
    I know Northamptonshire council very very rarely litter pick they havnt the manpower the old county council had now its privatised why then don't we see community service people or young offenders out picking .I drove the A14 the other day and I've worked on cleaner Landfill sites
    rantover
    Norma

I also live in Northants in a village. Every week there are McDonald's rubbish in the road . Where they throw it out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by ABOLT View Post
    I also live in Northants in a village. Every week there are McDonald's rubbish in the road . Where they throw it out the window.
    I was on a litter pick yesterday....lots of bottles, cans, and, yes; McDonalds litter. I think McDonalds should do their bit and print vehicle reg on wrappings etc at the drive through....pretty simple idea and pretty simple to implement. Rupert

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    seem to have a rant every year about this and its getting worse !
    RUBBISH !!this island we live on is full of litter louts ,been about a bit lately and now ungrowth is down the verges are full of crap and rubbish ,bottles furniture ect its disgusting but I never seem to see it being chucked out wish I did .
    I know Northamptonshire council very very rarely litter pick they havnt the manpower the old county council had now its privatised why then don't we see community service people or young offenders out picking .I drove the A14 the other day and I've worked on cleaner Landfill sites
    rantover
    Norma

Prolly risk averse, imagine the payout for an offender getting clipped?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The countryside is no better, it really grinds my gears to see the amount of bail wrap, orange mineral tubs, dead sheep, rolls of fencing wire and rusting machinery the litter the farms in the area I live, it's "supposed" an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, you would not dare put the wrong kind of front door or Windows in your house but lazy arsed farmers can treat the environment as thier tip is a national disgrace. They claim to be "custodians of the countryside" and sit and wait for the next income support cheque to pop through the door, make my blood boil.

It is bad over here, just returned from a trip to Holland and Germany and the contrast when we got off the ferry at this end was noticeable. They just don't seem to have the cultural problem we seem to have, either that or they're much better at keeping them clean.
    I also notice how much road kill we have here compared and I find this just as unpleasant. On the same trip I saw one dead mammal (identity Unknown) in a 1500mile drive. I'd seen more than 50 dead pheasants, foxes, badgers etc within ten miles of leaving harwich....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrazor View Post
    The countryside is no better, it really grinds my gears to see the amount of bail wrap, orange mineral tubs, dead sheep, rolls of fencing wire and rusting machinery the litter the farms in the area I live, it's "supposed" an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, you would not dare put the wrong kind of front door or Windows in your house but lazy arsed farmers can treat the environment as thier tip is a national disgrace. They claim to be "custodians of the countryside" and sit and wait for the next income support cheque to pop through the door, make my blood boil.

Counted the number of dew ponds/clay borrow pits full of cr*p lately?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert J View Post
    I think McDonalds should do their bit and print vehicle reg on wrappings etc at the drive through....pretty simple idea and pretty simple to implement.
    That's a great idea in principle, to require of all drive-throughs. Just trying to think what the downsides might be.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    It is bad over here, just returned from a trip to Holland and Germany and the contrast when we got off the ferry at this end was noticeable. They just don't seem to have the cultural problem we seem to have, either that or they're much better at keeping them clean.
    I also notice how much road kill we have here compared and I find this just as unpleasant. On the same trip I saw one dead mammal (identity Unknown) in a 1500mile drive. I'd seen more than 50 dead pheasants, foxes, badgers etc within ten miles of leaving harwich....

Cultural problem sounds closer to the mark, I remember on a school trip to Austria, we were advised to "Not litter in any way shape or form", I personally witnessed an arrest of a tourist for littering the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert J View Post
    I was on a litter pick yesterday....lots of bottles, cans, and, yes; McDonalds litter. I think McDonalds should do their bit and print vehicle reg on wrappings etc at the drive through....pretty simple idea and pretty simple to implement. Rupert
    Good idea, not so sure about simple to implement (sounds like it might involve expensive tech if done automatically), still a good idea though.

well done on the litter pick, practical action is likely to be the most effective way to get Britain tidy.