Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Update on hw66 that wouldn't group

  1. #1

    Update on hw66 that wouldn't group

    Following on from my previous post, it has now been confirmed that either the rifling or crown are the fault (not been borescoped) so unsure which?
    The rifle has been back to Sportsman GC and they are happy to confirm this and have agreed to exchange the rifle for another new one. Good news on one hand, bad news is I've got to wait for a bloody 1 for 1 variation for this to happen! Just bad luck I guess.

    ATB Lee

  2. #2
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Midlands M1/M69 Junction 21
    Posts
    5,399
    Thanks for the reply. Often we never get to know the outcome. Did you use the slave sights? Can't believe they have "Friday Guns" at Weihrauch. I'd blame a poor crowning job after the moderator screw thread cutting.

  3. #3
    Yes I did mate, and thanks again for the advice. Did it to be sure before taking it back, to eliminate the 'numpty possibilty'
    They tested it on a 10yrd range and it shot inch and a half.
    ATB Lee
    Last edited by leej; 06-03-2016 at 15:26.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Often we never get to know the outcome. Did you use the slave sights? Can't believe they have "Friday Guns" at Weihrauch. I'd blame a poor crowning job after the moderator screw thread cutting.
    I can't either but my friend has just had the barrel on his new Weihrauch air rifle (HW 100 SK) replaced as that too had a problem with grouping. Fair dues to Hull cartridge company though as it was only back with them for just over a week. As you say perhaps they have a problem with screw cutting the barrels?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by leej View Post
    Yes I did mate, and thanks again for the advice. Did it to be sure before taking it back, to eliminate the 'numpty possibilty'
    They tested it on a 10yrd range and it shot inch and a half.
    ATB Lee
    That's a pretty good group for you lee
    hope it ain't too long a wait.
    speak soon
    dave

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by plonker View Post
    That's a pretty good group for you lee
    hope it ain't too long a wait.
    speak soon
    dave
    Cheers Dave! Thanks for the local moral support.
    Keep up the practice mate and you too will one day achieve this level of accuracy!

  7. #7
    just a quickie was that ten yard grouping with the bullets still in the box! atb glad your sorted,
    DONT START

Similar Threads

  1. Weihrauch HW66 .222
    By flatliner in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 08:38
  2. Round wouldn't chamber
    By davidm in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 00:52
  3. You Wouldn't Believe It Unless You Saw It
    By Nelson in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 23-03-2012, 16:46
  4. You just wouldn't read about it...or would you?!
    By Eric the Red in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 11:24
  5. Species you wouldn't hunt
    By MJ75 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 20:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •