Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget wellies - where is the value

Budget wellies - where is the value

Latest pair of leather lined wellies split after 18 months use (had worse so not complaining).

Funds are a bit tight at the mo so looking for the value at around 30.

Suggestions appreciated.

I had some town and country ones for 30. They lasted about 11 months of daily use before they leaked. They weren't warm but we're very comfortable. I'm now on some Spey Muck boots, daily use and three years old and still good, the tread is wearing out but other than that they're great.

Have a look at the Decathlon website. http://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-875680-hunting-wellies
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Buckler Buckbootz - Not 30 though more like 60 but worth it.

"Wetlands" off ebay 20 quid delivered ,9 months so far touch wood ,me n my m8 got a pair each no problems so far or go to Tesco,s their identical wellies are 16 atb
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

U'll prob have to pay slightly more than 30 quid if u want comfy wellies that will last. Depends wot ur using them for thou?

last few pairs i've had have been Nora's and before that Dunlops suregrip, usually get a couple of years out a pair wearing them all day every day for 8-9 months of a year. think there about 40-50 from agri/tractor shops.
    The muck boots/buckler are quite good and warm, bit heavier thou.
    I couldnae justify buying the expopensive wellies, my dad traeted himself to a pair a few years ago but rubbish really, never lasted

If u have cold feet buy 1 size bigger and get a pair of boot sox thingys, bloody great things absorb any moisture/sweat so ur socks stay bone dry

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    U'll prob have to pay slightly more than 30 quid if u want comfy wellies that will last. Depends wot ur using them for thou?

last few pairs i've had have been Nora's and before that Dunlops suregrip, usually get a couple of years out a pair wearing them all day every day for 8-9 months of a year. think there about 40-50 from agri/tractor shops.
    The muck boots/buckler are quite good and warm, bit heavier thou.
    I couldnae justify buying the expopensive wellies, my dad traeted himself to a pair a few years ago but rubbish really, never lasted

If u have cold feet buy 1 size bigger and get a pair of boot sox thingys, bloody great things absorb any moisture/sweat so ur socks stay bone dry
    Agreed re. Dunlops. Get yourself down to a farmer's merchant. I wear my wellies daily - sometimes for just a few minutes, sometimes for 5-6 hours. My current pair of Dunlops are about 3 years old, and still in perfect condition.
    You can also get the insoles for them - again, the Dunlop ones seem pretty good, lasting me anything up to 6 months. But they're cheap, so not an issue replacing them.

I just buy a couple of pair of size 12 pvc dunlops and
    wear 2 thick socks. they do for most everything.
    except serious mountain climbing or arctic weather.
    Especially good on dewy mornings. Cost about 6 to 10.
    easy to slip on and off and if you
    get stuck in a bog you can get your feet out

+1 for the dickies/dunlop boots. I've got inner soles from an old pair of clark's shoes in them and they're great for work or leisure.

Try these, they are comfortable and warm and they last.
    DIRT BOOT NEOPRENE WELLINGTON MUCK BOOT HUNT CAMO | eBay
    ]But please don't buy the others that have two tone soles, they drop to bits.