Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pvs 14

Pvs 14

Now sold
    Last edited by rarms; 26-03-2016 at 15:08.

Just wrong timing for me otherwise I would have snapped this one up. Someone needs to get this bought, they are the business!

Make an introduction as per site rules before posting. You have a PM.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 22-03-2016 at 09:06.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGOR View Post
    is it still for sale ?
    1st post potentially asking to buy a pvs14?

yes, forum recommended by a friend

I would love one of these but do people use them as scope mounted NV or as spotters?

If the former how do you attach it?

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I would love one of these but do people use them as scope mounted NV or as spotters?

If the former how do you attach it?
    You can use it as a spotter but in reality you need to add at least a 3x lens assembly to get any kind of magnification and to be honest thermal is the way forward for spotting. They come into their own as a rifle mounted device and are attached with a Cobra DSA attachment which is very easy. You do not want a pinnacle tubed version (these provide the best image) on anything larger than a 223 but as far as i am aware the MX11769 is fine up to and including a 308. They really are superb, i had a pinnacle tubed one and really wish i still had it.

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    You can use it as a spotter but in reality you need to add at least a 3x lens assembly to get any kind of magnification and to be honest thermal is the way forward for spotting. They come into their own as a rifle mounted device and are attached with a Cobra DSA attachment which is very easy. You do not want a pinnacle tubed version (these provide the best image) on anything larger than a 223 but as far as i am aware the MX11769 is fine up to and including a 308. They really are superb, i had a pinnacle tubed one and really wish i still had it.
    thanks
    have seen some front mounted online
    That looks the way forward!

GLWS sorry for hijacking the post

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    thanks
    have seen some front mounted online
    That looks the way forward!

GLWS sorry for hijacking the post
    It definately is NOT the way forward! Regardless of what the manufacturers tell you, you WILL experience POI shift with front mounted NV.

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    It definately is NOT the way forward! Regardless of what the manufacturers tell you, you WILL experience POI shift with front mounted NV.
    Refraction is what I got told it's called and the way it was explained to me was its like putting a stick in a bucket of water you know the stick is straight but the water makes it look bent to the human eye
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!