Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new wirehair vizsla pup

new wirehair vizsla pup

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160308_190952.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	67525 my new bitch pup ,looking forward to training her in the forth coming months.
    any thoughts on a name .
    cheers neill.

Quote Originally Posted by neillfrbs View Post

ID:	67525 my new bitch pup ,looking forward to training her in the forth coming months.
    any thoughts on a name .
    cheers neill.
    Stunning. I got mine just over 3 years ago. Having had Lab's and Cockers in the past it was a bit of a risk, but the best move I ever made. Now my shooting companion wherever I go, whatever I'm shooting, on the peg, walking up grouse, stalking deer, he seems to know what we are up to and modify his behaviour to suit. Just wants to be with me all the time.

Needs a very gentle approach to training, positive all the time, no matter how frustrating it is. Lots of bonding on the sofa required as well.

Best of luck. I'm sure you will have a great dog in a few years time.
    So much to learn and so little time left

She is stunning, I have a smooth haired who's 8 years old now, fantastic dog and very intelligent, I agree with NigelM in regards to the training.

They are not called Velcro dogs for nothing!

Henna or Roxy?

atb
    stea33

Quote Originally Posted by neillfrbs View Post

any thoughts on a name .
    cheers neill.

Mine is "Bear". I wanted to call him "Buck" but the wife decided that some may misinterpret what I was saying when standing in the middle of a field yelling "BUCK".
    So much to learn and so little time left

Hi,

You have a lovely looking pup there, good luck with her. Just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago. Called her Bonnie and she is shaping up well, she seems very intelligent and is coming along nicely with basic obedience training, even started to point woodies in the garden.

Ian,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	552.3 KB 
ID:	67533

Fantastic looking pups, They are a great breed and my one certainly knows what his job is. They do want to be with you at all times though, you will thoroughly enjoy her for sure.

Here is a picture below of my lad last week on a Doe I would have lost for sure had it not been for him being on his game, he's had a few good tracks for me this one was dead on her feet but still ran into really thick cover 70-80 yards with a change of direction to boot.

Fantastic breed!

Attachment 67537

One below from last year!

Attachment 67539

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Absolute beauty, all the best with her.

thanks guys ,am looking forward to training her .you are right about them wanting to be with you all the time. she is a sleep on the sofa next to me at the moment with her head on my lap .going to be another vocal evening i think . she dont like the crate.lol

My lad was the same, howled for 2-3 nights then that was him, 1st night was terrible though!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

The more I hear about these dogs the more I feel like my decision has been made for my next pup, when the time comes to say goodbye to one of the incumbent pair.
    I recently met one for the first time and I was very taken with her.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog