Nigel Farage re Turkey in the EU

A point he might have but it will not make any difference ................................... not one iota.

A point he might have but it will not make any difference ................................... not one iota.

The reason that so few folks vote in general election these days is that we are essentially apathetic and don't see the point in voting for the status quo. As the two main parties seem so very close together people have not seen the point in going out to vote. This lack of enthusiasm to vote for 'no change' may help the Brexit vote tremendously. Those who want change get off their bums to vote, those who don't tend not to.

An idiot who is hiding behind being a Christian to spout bigoted views? Surely being good parents has nothing to do with being of the opposite sex, or not?

I would have thought it was the best interests of the child we need to take into account. Of course they can be good parents and provide love and support. Sadly the child will have to enter a world outside of the family home and I would fear this may be less supportive.

I wonder how many of the people above know anything about Turkey or have any experiance of living and working there?

I have had a property in Turkey since 2008 and spent a considerable amout of time over there

People who think we would be "Rewarding Turkey" havent got a clue what they are talking about

We are frankly desperate to get a "soft" muslem country in to the EU and plans were there to do so in 2010 but the Turks were doing extreemly well and they could see the recesion in Europe and the people knew they would be bailing out Cyprus Ireland etc

None of my Turkish friends could see any good coming from in Joining the EU in 2010

Now the economic situation has stabalized and Turkeys economic situation has got worse, the balance is there to make it possable for them to enter the EU

The governmet want it but the people are still on the fence erring to against

But one thing is for sure. If Turkey joins it will be doing US a favor not the other way arround

I sugest people who think otherwise go do some reserch first and i dont mean reading the bigoted toilet trash we call the Daly Mail

ATB

Chasey

I wonder how many of the people above know anything about Turkey or have any experiance of living and working there?

I have had a property in Turkey since 2008 and spent a considerable amout of time over there

People who think we would be "Rewarding Turkey" havent got a clue what they are talking about

We are frankly desperate to get a "soft" muslem country in to the EU and plans were there to do so in 2010 but the Turks were doing extreemly well and they could see the recesion in Europe and the people knew they would be bailing out Cyprus Ireland etc

None of my Turkish friends could see any good coming from in Joining the EU in 2010

Now the economic situation has stabalized and Turkeys economic situation has got worse, the balance is there to make it possable for them to enter the EU

The governmet want it but the people are still on the fence erring to against

But one thing is for sure. If Turkey joins it will be doing US a favor not the other way arround

I sugest people who think otherwise go do some reserch first and i dont mean reading the bigoted toilet trash we call the Daly Mail

ATB

Chasey

Are you suggesting that those that came here would do so with modern relevant qualifications and not those who would be competing with others for low paid/ minimum wage jobs?

An idiot who is hiding behind being a Christian to spout bigoted views? Surely being good parents has nothing to do with being of the opposite sex, or not?

What we see here is that once again no one must question let alone god forbid critise anything unless it fits into the very narrow funnel that is the Politcally Correct corridor. The very reason the Christian church is falling apart is that the tail is waggign the dog and the Body must not question of critisise the tail.

The very reason the Christian church is falling apart is that the tail is waggign the dog and the Body must not question of critisise the tail.

Personally, I hope it's falling apart because adherence to the mystical fairy tales of 3000 year old Middle Eastern tribesman is becoming increasingly difficult to sustain in the modern world. But I'm a hopeless idealist that way.

Personally, I hope it's falling apart because adherence to the mystical fairy tales of 3000 year old Middle Eastern tribesman is becoming increasingly difficult to sustain in the modern world. But I'm a hopeless idealist that way.

Very true, if the Church was to survive it would be better off focusing on the ideas and concepts of Christianity rather than the stories from the Bible and hanging onto antiquated views that being gay somehow makes you less valid as a human being.

While I have no problem with people expressing their personal opinions and beliefs I do mind when those opinions are forced upon others and it affects their lives, in this instance the children who may miss out on being adopted/fostered quickly by great parents because one old man doesn't think they can be great parents solely because they are of the same sex.

Are you suggesting that those that came here would do so with modern relevant qualifications and not those who would be competing with others for low paid/ minimum wage jobs?

Why would they want low paid minimum wage jobs?

The cost of living in Turkey is prety high. Earning minimum wage here and sending money home is realy not going to help in a country where petrol is more expensive than the UK as is Electricity. A food shop in Turkey costs me about the same as it does at Tesco and have you seen the price of a flat in Instambull? Interest rates were arround 9% last time I was there (six months ago) so the cost of borowing is high and wages are high as well. Theres still a vast area of countryside and cotton farmers who bring down the national average but in areas like Antalya Dalaman Istambull etc etc your on a par with Midlands UK

As for relevent qualifications? The education system in Turkey is first class medical training, hospitals and particularly their dentists are renowned.

Check out the number of private clinics on harley street who are sending patents to Turkey for operations

What we see here is that once again no one must question let alone god forbid critise anything unless it fits into the very narrow funnel that is the Politcally Correct corridor. The very reason the Christian church is falling apart is that the tail is waggign the dog and the Body must not question of critisise the tail.

+1 No problem with Homosexual or Lesbian folk, have good friends in both camps But!!!

"Marriage is an Institution between a man and a woman..." If folk want to live together or have a civil ceremony Ok but proper marriage NO, and I cannot see personally (and it is only personally) how a child can be brought up as a normal human being in such a relationship.

To get back to our Nigel, once again he speaks as it is.

Back