Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Police Scotland renewal

  1. #1

    Police Scotland renewal

    License is in for renewal at the moment so far so good coming out on Sunday for a chat, but came in tonight to a letter from my Dr asking for 25 for professional service with regards to my renewal, now not worried about what has been said as there are no issues but I always thought the the police were to foot the bill. Any body else have this recently

  2. #2
    Dr can charge for external work. Lucky you don't need an hgv medical. Or do you? They can charge for non medical issues. The FAC consultation possibly the next thing that will do the rounds. One dr wanted 220+vat for hgv medical. When the client, my driver, said he had to pay his own that dropped to 120.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tig_mig View Post
    License is in for renewal at the moment so far so good coming out on Sunday for a chat, but came in tonight to a letter from my Dr asking for 25 for professional service with regards to my renewal, now not worried about what has been said as there are no issues but I always thought the the police were to foot the bill. Any body else have this recently
    Did you make the contract with the doctor or request his services?
    If you did then you will need to pay but if it was the police then they should pay, and I would politely reply to your doctor that he should direct his invoice to the appropriate person i.e. the police.

    It's a bit of a try on really by the police because unless things have changed they are responsible for any costs incurred. Speak to your shooting organisation or look at their website as much has been published on this subject.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  4. #4
    In 30 years of holding my licence in the same area as yourself. Ive never had this at my renewals

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Did you make the contract with the doctor or request his services?
    If you did then you will need to pay but if it was the police then they should pay, and I would politely reply to your doctor that he should direct his invoice to the appropriate person i.e. the police.

    It's a bit of a try on really by the police because unless things have changed they are responsible for any costs incurred. Speak to your shooting organisation or look at their website as much has been published on this subject.


    I have have made no contact with the dr at all just came home last night to the invoice. Have my interview tomorrow with a wpc so will be asking. Not worried about was said but if I have to pay I will be requesting a copy of correspondence

  6. #6
    I have had no contact with the Doctor

    Then I suggest that you return the invoice to the Doctor and advice that they invoice the correct person namely the police authority who were the ones that requested the report.
    Last edited by 8x57; 12-03-2016 at 15:44.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  7. #7
    So had my interview, all is well no probs with anything and granted another 243, at the end I mentioned the dr letter and invoice and he said that they always contact the persons dr and some will charge for this most don't, he did mention the name of my dr and he is the worst for it

  8. #8
    Yes but who does the doctor charge!
    You made no contract with the doctor so as far as you are concerned it should be regarded the same as unsolicited goods. The police requested the report so they should pay for it. It would be different if you had requested the report and asked for it to be sent to the police.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  9. #9
    When you allowed the police to contact your doctor, you made a virtual contract with said doctor to provide information to a third party, end of. If the doctor charges it is you that will be billed. If the police pays once they pay all. They pay all MBA will set a tariff then the licence will rise dramatically to cover a few doctors.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    When you allowed the police to contact your doctor, you made a virtual contract with said doctor to provide information to a third party, end of. If the doctor charges it is you that will be billed. If the police pays once they pay all. They pay all MBA will set a tariff then the licence will rise dramatically to cover a few doctors.
    No you didn't. You merely gave them permission to access information from your doctor. Unless there has been a change in the law then the police are responsible for paying for any medical reports that they request.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Similar Threads

  1. Police Scotland
    By Widespreaddanger in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-11-2015, 15:46
  2. Dundee Police - Police Scotland
    By goathunter1 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-09-2015, 18:56
  3. Police Scotland
    By Greymaster in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-07-2015, 13:39
  4. Well done police Scotland
    By mickp in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 19:38
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 12:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •